- Texas Record and Information Locator
- TRAIL "searches and locates information collected in an archive of more than 180 Texas state agency web servers.".
- About Texas
- Internet information for/from/about the Lone Star State. From the Texas State Library.
- Armadillo's Texas Studies Information
- Good collection of information on all things Texas, including: general information, history and social sciences, maps and travel, environmental sciences, weather, education, and newspapers and magazines around the state.
- Texas State Web Pages
- Home page for Texas government. Includes links to agency home pages, general information about the state, how to do business with the Texas government, tourism news, and local government sites.
- State and Local Government Information on the Net: Texas
- Links to legislative, judicial, and executive branch sites, as well as regional, county and city pages. Well organized and updated frequently. Emphasis on official sites -- servers or content controlled by the government in question.
- Texas State and Local Government (Library of Congress)
- Selected links to state and local information as well as court websites.
- Texas Legislature Online
- Fulltext of the Texas Constitution, current statutes, and bills from the 74th (1995) through 77th (2001) legislatures. Also includes bill histories, Senate and House membership, committee schedules and membership, and legislative calendars. Search for your legislator's name and address by city, county, zip code, etc. The bills database is searchable by bill number, sponsor, or fulltext.
- Texas Administrative Code
- An agency/subject codification of current Texas regulations. Organized by broad, general subject and then by agency. Free version is one week out of date.
- Texas Register
- Proposed and adopted Texas regulations as well as Open Meeting notices and other official announcements. Available in two formats: HTML and PDF. Back issues archive available from the University of North Texas.
- Attorney General Opinions
- While not binding on the courts, AG opinions are regarded by Texas courts as highly persuasive and entitled to great weight. Full-text in PDF from 1939 to present. Requires Adobe Acrobat reader.
- Window on State Government
- Information from the Comptroller of Public Accounts on state taxes (including publications and forms), lotto results, the state budget, state financial management regulations (including the Texas Travel Mileage Guide), and economic forecast data.
- Appropriation Bills and LBE
- Links to Appropriation Bills from the 75th Legislature (1998/1999) to present as well as Legislative Budget Estimates for the last two biennia.
- Legislative Budget Board
- The Legislative Budget Board is a permanent committee of the Texas legislature which is "responsible for developing recommended legislative appropriations for all agencies of state government."
- Texas Business Advisor
- Information intended to help business start up, cope with regulations, and expand markets. Includes sections on business planning, registering your business, marketing leads, where to get help, where to locate, and links to reference materials.
- Texas Taxes
- Links to Texas tax rules, tax code, tax forms, sales tax information, seminars, and publications. Also includes the State Tax Automated Research (STAR) System which provides "a comprehensive online tax policy research system."
- Texas Association of Regional Councils
- organizing group for the 24 regional councils that coordinate services that cross local government boundaries.
- TexasOnline: Counties
- Links to county governments if available.
- TexasOnline: Cities
- Links to city websites, where available
Any questions? Ask a Librarian, or call us at 806/651-2205.