- Government Contracting: Frequently Asked Questions
- Answers from the Small Business Administration to the most frequently asked questions about government contracting.
- U.S. Business Advisor: Buying and Selling
- Central collection of links with procurement opportunities for businesses. Includes sections on Procurement Opportunities, Contracting Information, Property For Sale, Grants and Funding, Getting Started, and a Procurement Library.
- U.S. Business Advisor
- Created by the Small Business Administration (SBA), the National Partnership for Reinventing Government (NPR), and the U.S. Business Advisor interagency task force, this site aims to help U.S. businesses gain access to information and services from the government. Includes sections on business development, financial assistance, taxes, laws and regulations, international trade, workplace issues, and buying and selling.
- Procurement Reference Library
- Links to federal procurement information sites as well as government and commercial business assistance sites.
- Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR)
- The FAR provides uniform policies for government acquisition of supplies and services by executive agencies of the United States government. It is issued and maintained jointly Department of Defense, General Services Administration, and NASA.
- FedBizOpps: Federal Business Opportunities
- The "single government point-of-entry (GPE) for Federal government procurement opportunities over $25,000".
- Davis-Bacon Wage Determination Database
- Department of Labor wage determinations under the Davis-Bacon Act. All Federal Government construction contracts and most contracts for federally assisted construction over $2,000 must contain Davis-Bacon wage determinations.
- Export.gov: U.S. Government Export Portal
- Intended as a "portal to all export-related assistance and market information offered by the federal government", includes sections on: export basics; market research; partners &l trade leads; pricing, quotes, negotiations; shipping & documentation; finance; trade shows & events; counseling & advocacy; and help with trade problems.
- GSA Schedules
- Long-term contracts between the General Services Administration and commercial firms to provide supplies and services to government agencies. Includes links to the schedules and information for contractors on how to participate.
- North American Industry Classification System (NAICS)
- Searchable index to the North American Industry Classification System (NAICS)
- Doing Business with USDA Kit
- Includes procurement procedures and policies, special programs, types of products purchased, as well as directories of Web sites, offices, and people.
- Department of Defense Business Opportunities
- Intended to be a "one stop shop" for companies wanting to do business with the Department of Defense, DoDBusOpps allows the user to search for specific solicitations, appropriate Web sites, and e-business resources.
- e-Center: Business Opportunities with Energy
- Includes links to business opportunities, registration information, contacts, procurement information, etc.
- Doing Business with EPA
- Includes links to business opportunities, EPA acquisitions resources, procurement policies, contact directories, and other useful resources.
- Doing Business with Interior
- Includes links to contact information, acquisitions information, electronic commerce opportunities, and other resources.
- Doing Business with DOJ
- Includes procurement information, resources for small businesses, services and sales links, multi-user contracts, and procurement opportunities.
- Doing Business with DOT
- Includes business opportunities, DOT acquisitions and grants information, the DOT Electronic Posting System, the DOT Electronic Grants Project, and other transportation related opportunities.
- Federal Acquisitions Jumpstation
- Organized by agency, the page provides links to various agency procurement Web sites.
- TexasOnline: Business and Consumer Services
- Links to general information, bid opportunities, licenses and permits, resources for starting a business, and other business resources.
- Texas Business Advisor
- Information intended to help business start up, cope with regulations, and expand markets. Includes sections on business planning, registering your business, marketing leads, where to get help, where to locate, and links to reference materials.
- Texas Marketplace (Dept. of Commerce)
- Includes: a Texas business directory with listings sorted by name, city, and SIC code; business buy/sell listings; a directory of Historically Underutilized Businesses; and procurement (government bid) opportunities from both state and local governments. Searchable.
- Texas Taxes
- Links to Texas tax rules, tax code, tax forms, sales tax information, seminars, and publications. Also includes the State Tax Automated Research (STAR) System which provides "a comprehensive online tax policy research system."
- Texas Business and Commerce Code
- The business laws of the state of Texas. Updated through the 77th Legislature (2001). Changes from the 78th Legislature are scheduled for June 2004. Use the Index to Sections Affected to update through the 78th Legislature.
- Corporations Section (Texas Secretary of State)
- Links to forms and filing information for businesses and non-profit organizations.
- City of Amarillo
- Texas Marketplace: Local Government
- Procurement opportunities for local Texas governments. View most recent postings; browse by municipality, county, school district, or special district; or search by keyword.
Any questions? Ask a Librarian, or call us at 806/651-2205.