Tax Forms and Publications
The Cornette Library participates in the Federal Tax Forms Distribution Program. This means that we help distribute IRS forms and publications, available at the Circulation Desk. We do NOT provide tax assistance. What this means in practice is that we help you find forms or find publications, but we cannot help you interpret those forms. For more assistance then is available from this site, you can call the IRS at 1-800-829-1040 (TDD: 1-800-829-4059).
We can help with:
- I need a copy of form ... and its instructions.
- I need the form for ...
- I need an IRS publication on how to ...
We cannot help with:
- Does the mean I can deduct ...?
- My parents claim me as a dependent, do I have to file ...?
- Do I need to use the 1040EZ or 1040A and which schedule do I use?
- IRS Website
- The IRS's web site includes some guides and helpful hints for individuals and businesses doing their taxes.
- Forms and Publications
- The forms and publications resource page is the official source of IRS tax products. The links provide methods to access and acquire both electronic and print media.
- Prior Year Forms, Instructions and Publications
- Forms, instructions and publications are available in PDF format.
- Tax Information for Individuals
- Information on refunds, filing, disputes and more.
- Tax Information for Students
- Information just for students, includes FAFSA (student aid) and more.
- Reproductive Federal Tax Forms for Use in Libraries
- T 22.57:(year) U.S. Documents
- Selected (although pretty comprehensive) collection of tax forms on paper which reproduces well. Includes the instructions that go with the forms as well. There are two indexes at the beginning of the book - one by form number and the other by subject. Previous years available
- Tax Information Publications
- T 22.44/2:1194/(year) U.S. Documents
- This is a multivolume compilation of the most requested IRS information publications. Publication numbers are the spine of each volume and there is a table of contents at the beginning of the volume. There is a subject index at the beginning of each volume as well. The publications are not copyrighted and may be photocopied as needed. Previous years available.
- Internal Revenue Cumulative Bulletin
- T 22.25:(year) U.S. Documents
- Tax administration and procedures.
- U.S. Tax Court Reports
- JU 11.7:(volume) U.S. Documents
- Texas Taxes
- One stop shopping for tax information in Texas. Links on the right provide information on filing and paying taxes, tax laws and rules. Links on the left lead to FAQ tax answers and various state taxes and fees.
Any questions? Ask a Librarian, or call us at 806/651-2205.