Tax Forms and Publications
The Cornette Library participates in the Federal Tax Forms Outlet Program (TFOP). The IRS uses this program to make tax products available to the public, mainly through participating post offices and libraries. As a participant, the Cornette Library displays U.S. tax forms and publications by the Circulation Desk during the tax return season. However, we CANNOT provide tax assistance. While we may help you find forms or publications, we cannot help you interpret those forms. For more assistance than is available from this site, you can call the IRS at 1-800-829-1040 (TDD: 1-800-829-4059) or other telephone numbers, depending on your questions. See also How to Contact the IRS.
We can help with:
- I need a copy of form ... and its instructions.
- I need the form for ...
- I need an IRS publication on how to ...
We cannot help with:
- Does this mean I can deduct ...?
- My parents claim me as a dependent, do I have to file ...?
- Do I need to use the 1040EZ or 1040A and which schedule do I use?
- The official web site of the IRS includes guides and helpful hints for individuals and businesses preparing their taxes.
- Forms and Publications
- The forms and publications resource page is the official source for IRS tax products. The links provide methods to access electronic items and acquire print items.
- Prior Year Products
- IRS Forms, instructions, and publications are available in PDF format.
- Online Services for Individuals
- Information from the IRS on refunds, filing, disputes, and more.
- Tax Information for Students
- Information from the IRS just for students, including FAFSA (student aid).
- Reproducible Copies of Federal Tax Forms and Instructions
- T 22.57:1132/(year) - Government Documents
- Selected (although fairly comprehensive) collection of tax forms in print format, reproduces well. Includes the instructions that go with the forms as well. There are two indexes at the beginning of the book -- one by form number and the other by subject. Previous year available at Gov Docs Help Desk. Older years shelved in Gov Docs - Reference.
- Taxpayer Information Publications
- T 22.44/2:1194/(year) - Government Documents
- Annual (1982-2007) compilation of the most requested IRS information publications. Two or more volumes were published per yearly edition. Publication numbers were on the spine of each volume and there was a table of contents at the beginning of each volume. The publications were not copyrighted and may be photocopied as needed.
- Internal Revenue Cumulative Bulletin
- T 22.25:(year) - Government Documents
- Tax administration and procedures. Biannual compilation of the weekly Internal Revenue Bulletin; was published from 1969 through 2008. Recent (1996 to present) weekly Bulletins available online.
- U.S. Tax Court Reports
- JU 11.7:(volume) - Government Documents
- Contains the reported decisions of the U.S. Tax Court. Unreported decisions, Memorandum Decisions, are not published by a government entity, but are available through private publishers, such as RIA and CCH.
- Texas Taxes
- One-stop shopping for tax information in Texas. Links in the left column provide information on filing and paying taxes, tax laws, and rules. Other links lead to FAQ tax answers and information on various state taxes and fees.
Any questions? Ask a Librarian, or call us at 806/651-2205.