Science Education Resources
- NASA's Education Program
- Resources for educators and students at all levels. Includes a List of All Educator Grades K-12 and Higher Education Faculty Projects and a List of All Student Grades K-12 and Higher Education Projects.
- National Park Service: Teachers
- Links that bring national parks into the science classroom. Options include distance learning, field trips, and curriculum materials in addition to accredited professional development opportunities for teachers.
- U.S. Geological Survey: Education Resources
- Seeks to promote scientific literacy among people of all ages. Dedicated to K-12 and undergraduate education, exploration, and life-long learning. Here students can explore things on, in, around, and about the Earth such as animals, land, water, and maps. It also shows how the topics of Biology, Geology, Geography, and Water help children understand our changing world.
- EPA Environmental Education Publications
- Guidelines and resources for teachers on how to teach environmental education.
- Smithsonian - Science and Technology
- Lesson plans and activities for a variety of topics, including gems and minerals, animals, insects, archaeology, botany, and marine life.
- Free Registry for Educational Excellence
- Links to teaching resources and lesson plans from the U.S. Department of Education. Access to sites created and maintained by the federal government and also public and private organizations.
- Career and Technical Education
- Information on curriculum, programs, rules, and other information for Career and Technical Education. From the Texas Education Agency.
- Texas Parks and Wildlife: Classroom Resources
- Activities and lesson plans for children that include observing, collecting data, and drawing conclusions; aquatic activities; and exploring Texas.
- STAAR Science Resources
- For science educators teaching in Texas. Its purpose is to provide the science education community with resources for implementing the State of Texas Assessments of Academic Readiness (STAAR) for science. STAAR replaced Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS) in 2012.
- Teaching Earth Science (Geology.com)
- A collection of classroom activities and lesson plans.
Any questions? Ask a Librarian, or call us at 806/651-2205.