International NA Visa



What is a Visa?

The visa is a permit stamped inside your passport by an official of another country's consulate or embassy that enables you to enter that country. You must have a valid visa in your passport to enter the United States. A visa to enter the U.S. is only issued at a U.S. consulate outside of the United States. The most common type of visa issued for study in the U.S. is the F-1 student visa.

As a new student, what is needed to apply for an F-1 visa?

  • SEVIS I-20 issued by the university for attendance
  • Admission letter for acceptance to an academic or language program
  • Valid passport that does not expire for at least six months
  • Proof of financial support
  • Proof of ties to your home country - you’ll need to show you intend to go back to your home country upon completion of studies
  • Proof of visa application fee
  • Please visit SEVP SEVIS I-901 Fee processing website to pay fee and receive proof of payment.
  • Passport size photo

Other Important Information