West Texas A&M University - Home
Buff Transit Tracker
International Graduate

International Masters

Who is a graduate student?

A student who has completed a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.

How do I apply for admission?  (Application Deadlines)

  1. Submit Texas Common Application and pay $75 application fee (Online)
  2. Submit official transcripts to a university approved Foreign Credential Evaluation Service
  3. Submit foreign credential evaluation report and transcripts to International Student Office
  4. Submit TOEFL score 213 (computer based);  79 ( iBT);  550 (paper based) or  IELTS score 6.0 overall or PTE 53 ****Score requirements for the M.S. in Biology and Environmental Science are as follows:  TOEFL 233 (Computer Based);  90-91 (iBT) or 575-577 (Paper Based); or IELTS 6.5 overall band or PTE 62
  5. Submit GRE or GMAT if required by the program

Please note:

How do I apply for a visa?

You will need an I-20 form for use in the visa application process. Once you are notified of admission, you will be asked to submit proof of finances for your first year of studies to receive an I-20 form.

The Int’l Student Office will accept proof of financial resources from a variety of sources for issuance of the I-20 form including private funds, university funds, and sponsoring company, agency or government funds.  
Private Funds
University Funds
Sponsoring Company/Agency or Government Funds

Are there other requirements?

Vaccinations- The bacterial meningitis vaccination is required of all students attending WTAMU. Please submit required Bacterial Meningitis Form as proof of vaccination.

Who do I contact if I need assistance with the application/admission process?

Giselle Alvarado
Associate Director
E-mail - galvarado@wtamu.edu
Phone- 806-651-2073
Fax - 806-651-2071