Who can apply as a Doctoral Student?
A student with a bachelor's degree plus a Master of Science degree (thesis preferred) with at least one degree in an agriculture discipline.
- Submit Texas Common Application and pay $75 application fee (Online)
- Submit official transcripts to a university approved Foreign Credential Evaluation Service
- Submit foreign credential evaluation report and transcripts to International Student Office
- Submit TOEFL (minimum 79 iBT) or IELTS (minimum 6.0) scores or PTE score of 53
- The department has a secondary application process (Application for Graduate Studies) that will be sent to you once you have applied to the University, have sent your official transcripts and evaluation with certified English translations from all colleges and universities attended.
- The Department of Agricultural Sciences no longer requires students to take the Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
- Decisions about whether you are eligible for a graduate research assitantship are not made until all of your documentation has been received and evaluated by the International Student Office and the Graduate School.
- Meeting minimum admission requirements to the Graduate School does not guarantee admission into the doctoral program.
- Students should consult with the Coordinator of Graduate Studies (see contact information below) for additional information about the doctoral degree program.
Fall 2017 Applicants: All documents required for admission and I-20 issuance are to be submitted to the International Student Office by July 14, 2017 in order to allow adequate time for processing. Due to anticipated long visa processing times, our office will issue I-20’s no later than August 1, 2017. This will allow the student enough time to attend their visa appointment, secure flight arrangements, and arrive at WTAMU on time for registration.
How do I apply for a visa?
You will need an I-20 form for use in the visa application process. Once you are notified of admission, you will be asked to submit proof of finances for your first year of studies to receive an I-20 form.
The Int’l Student Office will accept proof of financial resources from a variety of sources for issuance of the I-20 form including private funds, university funds, and sponsoring company, agency or government funds.
Sponsoring Company/Agency or Government Funds
Are there other requirements?
Vaccinations- The bacterial meningitis vaccination is required of all students attending WTAMU. Please submit required Bacterial Meningitis Form as proof of vaccination.
Who do I contact if I need assistance with the application/admission process?
E-mail - email@example.com
Fax - 806-651-2071
Who do I contact if I want more information about the Doctoral program?
Coordinator of Graduate Studies
Department of Agricultural Sciences