West Texas A&M University

Buff Transit Tracker
Grievance Resolution

Grievance Resolution

The Division of Student Affairs at West Texas A&M University does its best to provide students with an unbiased outlet for concerns as they pertain to the University's policies and procedures. When requested, an appropriate division liaison will be assigned to assist a student who has a concern. The liaison, doing their best to act without bias, will provide guidance, information and assistance to help the student determine how they might address the issue. It is not the role of the liaison to resolve the concern. It is the role of the liaison to provide support and mentoring. The goal of this process is to assit students in arriving at what s/he believes to be a good and fair resolution, although that is not always possible.

To be assigned a liaison or to learn more about this resource, you can submit a Student Grievance Form to Mr. Mike Knox, Vice President for Student Affairs or make contact with him by phone, 806-651-2050, or in person, JBK Student Center, Suite 102. This form should NOT be used to report an alleged violation of the Code of Student Life. To report alleged violations of the Code, please use the Incident Report Form found on the right. 

Student Grievance Contact Information for Individual States

All student grievances should first be handled internally. If a complaint cannot be resolved at the University level, students may file a grievance with the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board. The Complaint Process for Individual States provides links to state education agencies.