Rights and Responsibilities
As recipients of financial aid at West Texas A&M University, students have certain rights and responsibilities of which they should be aware.
Students have the right to know the:
- Financial aid programs available at WTAMU.
- Process by which students are awarded aid.
- Methods that are used to determine eligibility.
- WTAMU's refund and repayment policy.
- Financial Aid Office's policies regarding satisfactory academic progress as it applies to financial aid eligibility.
Students are responsible for:
- Completing all forms, paper or electronic, accurately and with sensitivity to published deadlines.
- Submitting information requested by the Financial Aid Office staff in a timely manner.
- Keeping the Financial Aid Office informed of any changes in name, address, e-mail address, marital status, financial situation, or any change in student status.
- Reporting to the Financial Aid Office any additional assistance from non-university sources that will be paid directly to the university such as scholarships, loans, fellowships, and educational benefits.
- Notifying the Financial Aid Office of changes in enrollment status such as reduction in hours, change of major/degree, or change in anticipated graduation date.
- Maintaining satisfactory academic progress.
- Re-applying for aid each year.