Deadlines and Priority Dates
Dates by which complete and accurate applications should be considered for priority evaluation. Applications completed after these dates will be processed and awarded according to fund availability and interests as provided by the student on his/her FAFSA.
- Dec. 1- Early action for University scholarship applications - notices are sent to students by February 1st
- Feb. 1 - Priority date for University scholarship application - notices are sent by May 1st
- March 15 - Priority date for State aid (Texas Grant, Top Ten Percent Scholarship)
- April 15 - Priority date for Financial aid applications for the fall only or fall/spring semesters, including Buff Promise
- May 10 - Financial aid applications for summer sessions - students must be registered before aid is awarded
- Nov. 1 - Financial aid applications for the spring semester only
NOTE: Awards from financial aid do not guarantee registration payment. If financial aid has not been awarded or is insufficient for full payment, the student is responsible for payment. But we can help, so contact the Office of Financial Aid when you have questions or need assistance.