camp eligibility


CAMP Eligibility

To be eligible for CAMP, you must meet ONE of the following criteria:

  1. Migrant Education Program (MEP)

    A person must have participated in or were eligible to participate in the Migrant Education Program (MEP ) in their local school district. Provide a copy of Certificate of Eligibility (COE). Document can be acquired from high school counselor or school district migrant personnel.
  2. Seasonal Farm Work

    A person who themselves, or whose immediate family member, has spent a minimum  of 75 days, during the past 24 months in migrant or seasonal farm work (primary employment must be in farm work on a temporary or seasonal basis). Provide a completed Verification of Farm-Worker Employment Status form.
  3. Workforce Investment Act (WIA) Section 167 (MET Program)

    The person must have participated (within the last 24 months), or be eligible to participate, in the program under CFR part 633 (Employment & Training Administration, Department of Labor-Migrant and Seasonal Farm Worker Programs-WIA 167 & NFJP). Provide proof of participation in program. Documentation can be acquired from program.


In addition, the student must:

  1. Be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Legal Resident.
    For permanent legal resident, please provide supporting documentation.
  2. Be enrolled as a full-time student at WTAMU.
  3. Be an incoming first year freshmen.