Apply for Rogers LEAD WT
Prior to making application, students should meet the following criteria:
- Must have at least four long semesters remaining at West Texas A&M University at the start of the program in August.
- Full time enrollment (12 hours or more during the long semesters).
- Cumulative GPA of 2.75 or higher.
- Students cannot be placed on scholastic or disciplinary probation.
- Preference will be given to applicants who will have completed at least 45 hours, and students who have fewer than five long semesters remaining.
Lunch and Learn
Please join us for a Lunch and Learn to learn more about the Rogers LEAD WT program. Current LEAD Scholars will be there to answer questions and give more information on the program. There are three different opportunities for you to attend a Lunch and Learn.
- Wednesday, November 30, 2016 from 12:20 pm to 1:30 pm in the LEAD Suite (JBK 8)
- Wednesday, January 25, 2017 from 12:20 pm to 1:30 pm in the LEAD Suite (JBK 8)
- Wednesday, February 1, 2017 from 12:20 pm to 1:30 pm in the LEAD Suite (JBK 8)
For more information, please contact Missy Macon in the Office of Student Engagement and Leadership (JBK 103) or call 651-2313.
Rogers LEAD WT Application
The priority application deadline to be considered for the Rogers LEAD WT program for Fall 2017-Spring 2019 is Friday, February 3, 2017, at 5 p.m. Students who meet this deadline and the Rogers LEAD WT qualifications will be guaranteed an interview. The final deadline for applications is Friday, February 17, 2017, at 5 PM.
Selection Criteria for Rogers LEAD WT
Approximately 25 students will be selected for Rogers LEAD WT through a selective application and interview process. Students will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Attitude - Rogers LEAD WT Scholars are optimistic, energetic, and giving.
- Work Ethic - Rogers LEAD WT Scholars are responsible, take initiative, and show self-discipline. This will be evident when reviewing their résumé.
- People Skills - Rogers LEAD WT Scholars communicate effectively with others, work as a part of a team, and represent LEAD WT professionally on campus and in the community.
- Desire - Rogers LEAD WT Scholars demonstrate a desire for personal growth and development and will be able to articulate their goals and plans for the future.