Apply for Rogers LEAD WT
Prior to making application, students should meet the following criteria:
- Must have at least four long semesters remaining at West Texas A&M University at the start of the program in August.
- Full time enrollment (12 hours or more during the long semesters).
- Cumulative GPA of 2.75 or higher.
- Students cannot be placed on scholastic or disciplinary probation.
- Preference will be given to applicants who will have completed at least 45 hours, and students who have fewer than five long semesters remaining.
Lunch and Learn
For more information about joining the Rogers LEAD WT program, attend a Lunch and Learn for free food and to speak with current LEAD Scholars. There are two different opportunities for you to attend this event. If you have any questions about the Lunch and Learns please contact our office at 651-2313.
- Wednesday, January 28, 2015, from 12:15 p.m.-1:30 p.m. in the LEAD Suite (JBK 10)
- Tuesday, February 3, 2015, from 12:15 p.m.-1:30 p.m. in the Caf Green Room
Rogers LEAD WT Application Packet, 2015
The priority application deadline to be considered for the Rogers LEAD WT program for fall 2015-spring 2017 is Thursday, February 5, 2015, at 5 p.m. Students who meet this deadline and the Rogers LEAD WT qualifications will be guaranteed an interview. The final deadline for applications is Friday, February 13, 2015, at 5 PM.
Selection Criteria for Rogers LEAD WT
Approximately 25 students will be selected for Rogers LEAD WT through a selective application and interview process. Students will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Attitude - LEAD Scholars are optimistic, energetic, and giving.
- Work Ethic - LEAD Scholars are responsible, take initiative, and show self-discipline. This will be evident when reviewing their résumé.
- People Skills - LEAD Scholars communicate effectively with others, work as a part of a team, and represent LEAD WT professionally on campus and in the community.
- Desire - LEAD Scholars demonstrate a desire for personal growth and development and will be able to articulate their goals and plans for the future.