Named after the first college president, R.B. Cousins, the hall was the first dormitory built by the state on the campus of a teachers college. Built in 1920, Cousins Hall is the most historic hall on campus. Housing close to 200 students, this female residence hall offers various options on room set-ups which are arranged in wings. These wings open into a spacious, air-conditioned lobby and ballroom which provides a wonderful place to congregate and meet new students.