July 1, 2014
CONTACT: Carley DuMenil, 806-651-2913, firstname.lastname@example.org
WTAMU College of Business Names Citizens Bank Computer Laboratory
CANYON, Texas—The College of Business at West Texas A&M University is home a newly completed lab space named the Citizens Bank Open Access Computer Laboratory. Citizens Bank named the computer lab as a part of its multi-faceted support for the College of Business as well as the University’s Share Your Pride comprehensive campaign.
“We are very excited to be able to offer West Texas A&M University students state-of-the-art computer and research resources,” Dr. Neil Terry, dean of the College of Business, said. “The generosity of Citizens Bank and other donors are an important key to our programs being recognized as one of only 30 business schools in the world to earn both AACSB and ABET Computing accreditations.”
Citizens Bank, established in 1904, is a family-owned community bank with deep roots at West Texas A&M University. From employing WTAMU graduates to volunteering in leadership roles to offering financial support, Citizens Bank is one of the University’s most valued partners. The Citizens Bank Open Access Computer Laboratory, located in the Classroom Center, Room 207, was established as part of the bank’s ongoing commitment to prepare the future leaders of the High Plains. The lab has upgraded features to the physical room and the technology students use daily.
Jeff Nunn, president and CEO for Citizens Bank, serves on the West Texas A&M University Foundation Board and has been instrumental in supporting both the College of Business and the University. “WT and the College of Business are part of the Citizens Bank family, and we are so happy to be able to have our name on the Citizens Bank Open Access Computer Laboratory. We are dedicated to the future of our region and supporting the College of Business, its students, faculty and staff, helps us ensure a strong workforce and community for years to come.”
The generous naming of the Citizens Bank Open Access Computer Laboratory will make Citizens Bank eligible for induction into the University’s Old Main Society.
Citizens Bank joins the following individuals, foundations and corporations in naming classroom spaces in the College of Business or the Classroom Center.
• Happy State Bank Classroom—Classroom Center, Room 201
• First United Bank Classroom—Classroom Center, Room 205
• Schaeffer Family Business Trading Room—Classroom Center, Room 206
• Joachim Business Innovation Room—Classroom Center, Room 209
• Arthur J. Glover Accounting Classroom—Classroom Center, Room 217
• Stan and Greta Liles Business Classroom—Classroom Center, Room 219
• FirstBank Southwest Classroom—Classroom Center, Room 221
• Drs. Neil and Anne Terry Classroom—Classroom Center, Room 224
• Amarillo National Bank Classroom—Classroom Center, Room 225
• David and Myrt Wilder Graduate Business Classroom—Classroom Center, Room 226
• Dr. J. Patrick and Karen O’Brien Classroom—Classroom Center, Room 312
For more information about the Citizens Bank Open Access Computer Laboratory or additional room-naming opportunities at West Texas A&M University, call Carley DuMenil at 806-651-2913.