- 1918-1919: Influenza Epidemic of 1918/"Spanish Flu"
- U.S. Deaths: 675,000 +
- Worldwide Deaths: 20 million to 50 million
- 1957-1958: Asian Flu
- U.S. Deaths: 70,000 +
- Worldwide Deaths: 1 million to 2 million
- 1968-1969: "Hong Kong" Flu Pandemic
- U.S. Deaths: 34,000 +
- Worldwide Deaths: 700,000 +
- 1976: Swine Flu Scare
- Deaths: one
- 2009: H1N1
- Deaths: ???
Influenza Info: U.S. Govt
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: H1N1 Flu (Swine Flu) and You
- Questions and Answers
- United States Department of Health & Human Services / Flu.gov
- History of Flu Pandemics
- Flu.gov - General Information
- Basic information about the various strains of flu, including bird flu and swine flu.
- Is it a cold or the flu?
- Information from the CDC
Pandemic Response Planning
- National Strategy for Pandemic Influenza: Implementation Plan (2006) (PDF)
- Published by the Homeland Security Council, 15 pages.
- Texas Dept. of State Health Services - Texas Flu
- Links to find vaccine, current outbreak information, etc.
- CNN - Special Flu coverage
- Breaking news, video links, FAQ information.
- Google News - Health
- Compilation of news stories on health issues.
- Yahoo News - Swine Flu
- Compilation of web news reports for swine flu.
Any questions? Ask a Librarian, or call us at 806/651-2215.