General Business Information
Good Starting Points
- Business Source Complete (WTAMU only)
- This database for business professionals, students, and consumers indexes, abstracts, and provides the full-text of journal articles on all varieties of business topics, including management, economics, finance, accounting, and international business. Off-campus access restricted to WTAMU faculty, staff, and students.
- LexisNexis Academic (WTAMU only)
- Includes full-text access to news and business sources. Off-campus access restricted to WTAMU faculty, staff, and students.
- Regional Business News (WTAMU only)
- Provides full-text access to the most recent 30 days of a variety of local business news magazines. Off-campus access restricted to WTAMU faculty, staff, and students.
- Search national yellow pages by name, city, state, or category. Even includes maps and driving directions for all locations. Claims to contain over 11 million business listings nationwide.
- Thomas Register of American Manufacturers
- Includes over 150,000 companies and 135,000 brand names. Searchable by product or company name. Search can be limited by location. Free, but registration is required.
- Texas Secretary of State Direct Access
- Fee-based access to several databases from the Texas Secretary of State's Office, including Assumed Names and Officers/Directors.
- Texas Taxes: Certification of Account Status: Corporation Search
- Intended to provide Franchise Tax Certificate of Account Status information for Texas companies, this database can be used to find basic directory information for all companies which are chartered in Texas or have a Certificate of Authority to do business in Texas. Non-Texas corporations doing business in Texas without a Certificate of Authority are also liable for Texas franchise tax.
Company Web Pages
- Hoover's Online: Company Directory (WTAMU only)
- Directory and web information on 10,000 companies. Primarily public companies with some private. Search by company name, ticker symbol, location, or industry. Off-campus access to complete information limited to WTAMU students, faculty, and staff.
- Public Register's Annual Report Service
- Links to company home pages, online annual reports, a request form for print annual reports, EDGAR reports, and NYSE prices on a 20 minute delay. Registration required to view reports, but registration is free.
Other Financial Statements
- SEC's EDGAR Database
- Electronic copies of SEC filings from 1994-present. Includes 10K and 10Q filings, company profiles, and much, much more.