- Computer Science Bibliographies
- A collection of bibliographies of scientific literature in computer science from various sources. The more than 870 bibliographies are updated monthly. The collection contains 690,000 references mostly to technical reports.
- Top 100 Computer Magazines
- Computer and software WWW magazines and journals. Titles are listed alphabetically in a table format with links to MIPS (Most Interesting Page of Site).
- Networked Computer Science Technical Reference Library
- An international collection of computer science research reports and papers made available for non-commercial use.
- FOLDOC: Free On-line Dictionary of Computing
- A searchable dictionary of acronyms, jargon, programming languages, tools, architecture, operating systems, networking, theory, conventions, standards, mathematics, telecoms, electronics, institutions, companies, projects, products, history, in fact anything to do with computing.
- The Ada Project (TAP)
- A clearinghouse for information and resources relating to women in computing. Includes information on conferences, projects, discussion groups, organizations, fellowships, and positions. Features a growing list of women in computer science.
- Electronic Frontier Foundation
- Organization working to "protect our fundamental rights regardless of technology; to educate the press, policymakers and the general public about civil liberties issues related to technology; and to act as a defender of those liberties".
- Electronic Privacy Information Center
- A public interest research center in Washington, D.C. It was established in 1994 to focus public attention on emerging civil liberties issues and to protect privacy, the First Amendment, and constitutional values.
- Computers, Freedom and Privacy Conference
- Includes conference program, paper, highlights, daily reports from the conference, audio recording of the plenary sessions since 1991.
- Brief History of the Internet
- From the Internet Society. Spanish version available.
- Internet History
- Multiple links to information and articles about Internet History.
- CRA Forsythe List
- A searchable database of Ph.D.-granting departments in disciplines related to computing in the United States and Canada.
- Texas A & M University Department of Computer Science
- Texas Institute for Computational and Applied Mathematics (University of Texas at Austin)
- University of North Texas, Computer Science Department
- American Society for Information Science and Technology (ASIS&T)
- Association for Computing Machinery (ACM)
- Computing Research Association
- IEEE Computer Society
- Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics (SIAM)
- Checklist for a Personal Home Page
- Lists criteria by which to judge the research value of a personal home page.
- Evaluating Web Resources
- Provides materials to assist in teaching how to evaluate the informational content of Web resources.
- Nerd's Heaven
- A directory of software, free, share, or "pretty-good-price".
- Barry's Clipart
Any questions? Ask a Librarian, or call us at 806/651-2215.