Biology & Environmental Sciences
- Biological Resources Division (USGS)
- Web site for the United States Geological Survey's Biological Resources Division. Includes information about the organization and links to many other biology-related sites.
- Environmental Impact Analysis Data Links
- Provides links to government and private Web sites related to the subject areas of hydrology, meteorology, pollution prevention, and wetlands.
- Environmental Protection Agency
- This government Web site provides links to databases, law and legislation, maps and publications.
Career and Job Resources
- Entomological Society of America Job Listings.
- List of current job openings for entomologists in the United States.
- Texas Parks & Wildlife Jobs
- List of current employment opportunities available with Texas Parks and Wildlife, a state agency.
- USAJOBS - United States Office of Personnel Management
- Web site for jobs and employment opportunities with the United States government.
- International Society of Arachnology
- Scientific society devoted to the study of the arachnid orders Amblypygi, Araneae, Opiliones, Palpigradi, Pseudoscorpiones, Ricinulei, Schizomida, Scorpiones, and Uropygi, but not Acari.
- The American Arachnological Society
- Society for professional and amateur arachnologists, and publisher of the Journal of Arachnology.
- Biology Browser : Arachnida
- Arachnid links provided by Thomson Reuters.
- Botanical Society of America
- Web site for the Botanical Society of America. Included is information about meetings, publications, careers and other special items of interest.
- Checklist of Online Vegetation and Plant Distribution Maps
- This is a comprehensive list of links to online maps of the United States and other countries that show where different kinds of plants and vegetation are located.
- Internet Directory for Botany
- List of links to U.S. and international organizations that provide information on botany-related subjects.
- Iowa State Entomology Index of Internet Resources
- Links are grouped by content type, taxonomic group, and entomological subdiscipline.
- Insect Information Colorado State University Department of Bioagricultural Sciences and Pest Management
- This department subsite includes information about various insects.
- FAO Fisheries Department
- Web site for the Fisheries Department of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations. Includes links to organizations, conferences and research about fisheries.
- Southern Division of the American Fisheries Society
- Includes a list of links to government and private organizations concerned with fisheries.
- Society for the Study of Amphibians and Reptiles
- Web site for the Society for the Study of Amphibians and Reptiles. Includes links to other herpetological Web sites.
- The Hydrogeologist's Home Page
- Web site has links to geospatial data resources, organizations, publications, and weather sites.
- HydroWeb: International Association for Environmental Hydrology
- Hydrology information including news and job listings.
- Web Resources for Ornithologists from The American Ornithologists Union
- Comprehensive list of links to ornithological resources. Includes organizations, bibliographies, discussion group and current research.
- Audubon Texas
- Audubon Texas is the state program of the National Audubon Society.. Includes information about the society, programs and events.
- Government Information: Birding Resources
- Compiled by librarians in the Government Documents Unit of the Cornette Library at West Texas A&M University. Links to bird and birding resources from the United States, Texas, and other governments. Includes sections on: government bird pages, places to bird, birding organizations, and international birding sites.
- Ornithology links from the Open Directory Project
- Many links about Ornithology from the largest, most comprehensive human-edited directory of the Web, constructed and maintained by a vast, global community of volunteer editors.
- Biology Browser Animalia links
- Biology information for librarians, educators and students. The focus here is on articles and resources on members of the animal kingdom. The plethora of links is both searchable and browsable by taxonomic terms.
Any questions? Ask a Librarian, or call us at 806/651-2215.