Who May Use Special Collections
- Anyone doing research with special collections materials may use the Texas Poets' Corner. Visitors who wish to look at the artwork and exhibits in the Room are also welcome. Children under 14 years of age must be accompanied by an adult to enter the Reading Room and/or use the collections.
- Special Collections materials must be used in the Casa Magni area of the Texas Poets' Corner, a current registration form must be on file, and you must present a current form of photo-identification.
- No more than two people may use special collections materials at the same time, with the exception of classes booked in advance by instructors. Availability is on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Visitors will be asked to leave purses, backpacks, briefcases, other containers larger than 9.5" x 6.25", raincoats and overcoats, cutting implements such as scissors, and books and other items not needed for research in one of the lockers provided near the entrance to the Reading Room, before entering. Cameras, tape recorders, and hand-held scanners may be used in the Reading Rooms with the permission of the Special Collections librarian. We are not responsible for personal items left in lockers.
- The following items may be taken into the Texas Poets' Corner: paper, binders and notebooks, pencils (not pens), personal books needed for research, laptop computers, and service animals.
- The Special Collections staff person in the Reading Room is there to assist patrons with their research and to enforce our Reading Room policies. For security purposes the Special Collections staff person reserves the right to check all patrons' papers and books before they leave the Reading Room.
- Group tours of the Reading Room are available, but must be scheduled in advance by calling (806) 651-2208.