FAQ: What are the rules or restrictions in working with Special Collections materials?
- Special Collections materials must be used in the Texana area of the Texas Poets' Corner, a current registration form must be on file, and you must present a current form of photo-identification.
- No more than two people may use special collections materials at the same time, with the exception of classes booked in advance by instructors. Availability is on a first-come, first-served basis.
- You will be asked to leave purses, backpacks, briefcases, other containers larger than 9.5" x 6.25", raincoats and overcoats, cutting implements such as scissors, and books and other items not needed for research in one of the lockers provided near the entrance to the Reading Room, before entering. Cameras, tape recorders, and hand-held scanners may be used in the Reading Rooms with the permission of the Special Collections librarian. We are not responsible for personal items left in lockers.
- The following items may be taken into the Texas Poets' Corner: paper, binders and notebooks, pencils (not pens), personal books needed for research, laptop computers, and service animals.
- The Special Collections staff person in the Reading Room is there to assist you with your research and to enforce our Reading Room policies. For security purposes the Special Collections staff person reserves the right to check your papers and books before you leave the Reading Room.