Permission to Publish
Permission must be obtained from the Cornette Library to publish unpublished materials from the Library's Special Collections materials. Patrons may address requests to publish in writing to:Shawna Kennedy-Witthar, Director of Information and Library Resources
WTAMU Box 60748
Canyon, Texas 79016
When submitting a request to publish, please include the following:
- Material to be published including collection name and call number.
- Indicate whether the material is to be quoted, cited, or reproduced in facsimile.
- How is the material to be used: type of publication, title of publication material will appear in and in the case of an article, title of the article, publisher's name, and expected date of publication.
- Nature of the publication. Is it scholarly, popular, commercial, etc.?
If permission is granted, please keep the following in mind:
- You assume all responsibility for any infringement of the U. S. Copyright Code.
- Cornette Library does not grant researchers exclusive publishing rights. The Library reserves its own right to publish material from its collections or give others the right to do so.
- Cornette Library requests a complimentary copy of all publications that include quotations from, citations of, or facsimile reproductions of unpublished materials in its special collections.
- In citing materials, please acknowledge the Special Collections Department of the Cornette Library in the following way:
"From the [Collection Name] Collection in the Cornette Library at
West Texas A&M University."