Elie Wiesel and the Jewish Holocaust:
Books and Government Documents
The following searches will return lists of items that Cornette Library has in print or in full-text electronic form that relate to the Jewish Holocaust or to the writings and humanitarian work of Elie Wiesel
- Books by Elie Wiesel (65+ items)
- Lists titles and call number (shelf location) of all the books Cornette Library has by Wiesel. Look for Status: Available for items that you can check-out.
- Search the online catalog using keywords elie wiesel
- All items about the Jewish Holocaust (200+ items)
- Books, government documents, and videos about some aspect of the Holocaust. Includes diaries, art work, scholarly analysis, bibliographies, and more.
- Search the online catalog using keywords "holocaust jewish"
- Electronic items about the Jewish Holocaust (62 items)
- The full text of these books and documents can be read online
- Search the online catalog using keywords "holocaust jewish" AND "electronic"
These links are to scholarly articles written specifically about Night, or about Elie Wiesel. Thousands more are available using the search tips below.
- Sample articles
- More than a dozen scholarly, full text articles found using keywords elie wiesel night
- Franciosi, R., Shavver, B., & Wiesel, E. (1987). An interview with Elie Wiesel. Contemporary Literature, 28, 287-300. Retrieved August 22, 2007, from JSTOR database.
- A conversation about literature and its meaning, conducted nine months before Wiesel was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize.
- Schwarz, D. R. (1998). The ethics of reading Elie Wiesel's Night. Style, 32, 221-243. Retrieved June 20, 2011, from Academic Search Complete database.
- Abstract: Presents an ethical analysis of `Night,' a fictionalized autobiographical memoir of Holocaust victim Elie Wiesel. Discussion on the five stages involved in ethical reading and interpretation; Differentiation between ethics reading and ethics while reading; Analysis on the texts of the book.
- Request assistance from the Reference Department, in person, by phone (806)651-2215, or via email form.
Search the online catalog for books, government documents, or videos. Clicking on the title of an item returns additional information about it, including a floor plans link that shows the various areas of the library. In addition to the books listed under the links above, you can find books with searches such as:
- concentration camps
- treblinka, etc.
Search our various databases for popular and scholarly articles about Elie Wiesel, Night, the holocaust, or a specific concentration camp. Database suggestions:
- FullText Now!
- Full-text only results from the EBSCO databases Academic Search Premier, Business Source Complete, ERIC, and Health Source: Nursing/Academic Edition. Further restrict to scholarly journals under the green "Refine Search" tab.
- Full text of articles from highly esteemed scholarly journals. Search initially with a few keywords in the title field.
- Literature Resource Center
- Full text biographical material about Wiesel, plus extensive literary criticism of his various works. Search author wiesel for a list of relevant articles.
- Historical Abstracts and America: History and Life
- Abstracts (citation and brief summary) of scholarly articles. either a global perspective, or a North American focus. Full text is linked via the service.