Borrowing From Another Library:
Interlibrary Loan (ILL)
What is Interlibrary Loan?
- Service that obtains books, articles, documents and other material that Cornette Library does not have. Rare and archival materials are usually not obtainable.
- Sends copies of articles and loans books to other libraries.
- Can be used by WTAMU students, faculty, staff, and Friends of the Cornette Library (Supporting level and above)
How to Use ILL
- For books please give us author, title, publisher, and publication date.
- For articles please give us author, title, title of journal/magazine/newspaper, date or volume/issue of publication, and page numbers.
- For other media, also please give us format, producer, and any other unique information.
- If you cannot find any of the above information, please let us know.
- Submit request using your choice of:
- Pre-filled Interlibrary Loan form that is available in WorldCAT and most of Cornette Library's databases.
- Online Interlibrary Loan Form (ILLIAD).
- Generally no charge, but you will be contacted in advance if there will be any fee.
- Allow up to 1 week for articles to arrive.
- Allow 1-3 weeks for books to arrive.
- You will be notified by email or telephone when your material arrives.
- Material can be picked up in the ILL office or at the Reference Desk.
- Some articles may be delivered as PDF attachments to email.
- Articles will typically be delivered online. You’ll receive email notification when the article is available. Login to your ILL account and retrieve the item under “View/Download Electronically Received Articles”. Download/print these within 30 days. Click on the transaction number to get the PDF.
- Rarely, articles will be received as photocopies that can be picked up at ILL desk.
- Microfilm or rare materials may only be used in the library.
- Renewal and check-out periods are determined by the lending library.
- Overdue fines accrue at $1.00 per day, excluding weekend days.
- Articles are yours to keep.
- Books and other materials can be returned to ILL office 8-5, M-F or to the Reference Desk.
- Please do not return ILL materials to external book drops.