FDLP Basic Collection
Publications included in the FDLP (Federal Depository Library Program) Basic Collection are vital sources of information that support the public's right to know about the workings and essential activities of the USA federal government. The Basic Collection serves as a good resource when developing and maintaining a depository collection.
The list of titles constituting the Basic Collection was first developed in 1977 to identify the most basic federal publications for inclusion in depository collections. This list has been periodically updated since then.
The online resources below may not contain historical or more recent editions, which may be available in print in the Cornette Library. Please contact the library's Government Documents Unit if you need additional information.
- American FactFinder
- Ben's Guide to U.S. Government for Kids
- Budget of the United States Government
- Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance
- Catalog of U.S. Government Publications
- Census of Population and Housing: Population & Housing Unit Counts (all states, U.S. Summary, and Puerto Rico) (Series PHC-3)
- Census of Population and Housing: Summary Population & Housing Characteristics (all states, U.S. Summary, and Puerto Rico) (Series PHC-1)
- Census of Population and Housing: Summary Social, Economic, & Housing Characteristics (all states, U.S. Summary, and Puerto Rico) (Series PHC-2)
- Census of Population and Housing: Social, Economic, & Housing Characteristics (Island Areas) (Series PHC-4)
- Code of Federal Regulations
- Compilation of Presidential Documents
- Congressional Directory
- Congressional Record (daily)
- Constitution of the United States of America: Analysis and Interpretation
- Economic Indicators
- Economic Report of the President
- FDsys (Federal Digital System)
- Federal Register (daily)
- Bicentennial Edition: Historical Statistics of the United States, Colonial Times to 1970, Part 1 and Part 2
- Occupational Outlook Handbook
- Public Papers of the Presidents of the United States
- Social Security Handbook (Government publication ceased with the 2001 edition. More recent editions available for purchase from Bernan Press, such as the 2011 edition.)
- United States Statutes at Large
- United States Code
- United States Government Manual
- United States Reports
- USA Counties (Database no longer updated. While data sources vary, the latest information for some data is 2010.)
Any questions? Ask a Librarian, or call us at 806/651-2205.