FAQ: What Other Services Does Circulation Provide?
Circulation staff also:
- Maintain the library's patron database. Everyone associated with the University (faculty, staff, students, etc.) is automatically entered into the library's database from the University's records. When you change your name or address at either the Registrar or Personnel Services, you will be automatically updated with us as well.
- Process TexShare cards and LEIAN Passports. If you need to use another library, check with Circulation about your options.
- Collect Fines for overdue, damaged, and/or lost library materials, and other fees. If you have a delinquent library account, an administrative hold is placed on your record in the University's database. Failure to clear the delinquent account will result in referral of the account to a credit bureau for collection procedures.
- Maintain the Course Reserve collection, which is located in a closed stack (restricted access) area in Circulation. The online catalog lists all items in the collection under "Course Reserves."
- Process Electronic Course Reserves (E-Reserves). E-Reserves are posted to a the web site. and links to them are added to the Library's online catalog. Links to the Library's E-Reserves are also available from WTClass and WTOnline.
- Maintain the photocopiers, which are located on both floors of the library. Instruction on the use of and/or service of photocopiers is available from Circulation staff.
- Re-shelve the Loan, Youth, Paperback, and New Books collections.
- Collect membership fees for Friends of the Cornette Library. Patrons not associated with the University may join the Friends and receive a library card.
- Collect Lost & Found items. Personal items that have been left in the library are given to the Circulation staff. Each Friday these items are taken to the University Police (UPD).