Renewing Library Materials
You can renew library books using any of the following easy and convenient methods:
On the Web
- Go to My Library Account (opens in a new window)
- Log in using the access method for your patron group.
- Students, Faculty, Staff - Enter the last 7 digits of your Buffalo Gold Card number (add leading zeros as necessary),and your Last Name.
- Dependents - Click on the drop down box and select Barcode (numbers only). Enter all 9 digits of your Buffalo Gold Card number and your Last Name.
- Friends and other Temporary Card holders - Click on the drop down box and select Barcode (numbers only). Enter the 13-digit barcode number (without the A) and your Last Name.
- Under Items Checked Out, check the "Renew?" box by those titles you want to renew.
- Click on the Request Renewal link.
The Status column will indicate whether your books were successfully renewed and the new due date. If your books were not renewed, please phone the Circulation Desk (651-2223) for assistance.
- Your books do not renew -- they may have been already renewed the maximum number of times.
- If there are no check boxes -- your account is blocked. The nature of the block is described in the "Blocks on Your Account" section.
You will need to phone the Circulation Desk (651-2223) for assistance clearing the blocks.
Remember to click the Exit tab when you have finished.
By Telephone - 651-2223
During hours that the library is open, call the Circulation Desk and ask the staff to renew your books.
You may also renew your books at the Circulation Desk when you are in the library. You must have your Buffalo Gold Card, your Friend's library card, and/or your driver's license with you. If your books are overdue, you will need to have them with you.
- Current magazines and journals checked out to WTAMU faculty may be renewed by telephone a limited number of times.
- Reserve and Course Reserve materials may not be renewed.
How Many Times Can Due Dates be Extended?
Patrons with faculty check-out privileges (120 days) may only renew library materials three (3) times. Patrons with student and/or staff check-out privileges (21 days) may only renew their books five (5) times. Patrons with TexShare cards (28 days) may only renew their books five (5) times.
Can Library Books Be Kept After the End of the Semester?
Students cannot renew their books beyond the end of the semester. Thesis students must make special arrangements to keep their library materials beyond the end of the semester (i.e., May 15, Aug. 15, and Dec. 15).
When Renewal Limits are Met
After library materials have been renewed the maximum number of times, they must be returned to the Library.