FAQ: What is a LEIAN Passport?
The Llano Estacado Information Access Network (LEIAN) was established to provide reciprocal borrowing privileges for faculty, emeritus faculty, students, and staff. LEIAN patrons have access to scholarly materials not available on their home campuses.
A LEIAN Passport is an authorization from the Cornette Library which entitles you to visit and borrow materials from LEIAN member libraries.
To qualify for a LEIAN Passport, you must be eligible faculty, emeritus faculty, students and staff of West Texas A&M University. You must also be in good standing with the library.
Obtaining a Passport
You may obtain an application form for a Passport Certificate at the Circulation Desk of Cornette Library. There is no charge. By signing the application, you agree to observe the regulations of the lending library from which you borrow materials.
Using the Passport
Present the Passport Certificate to the LEIAN library staff. The lending library may keep the Passport Certificate and give you a temporary library card. Policies vary.
Expiration of the Passport
LEIAN Passport certificates expire as follows:
- WTAMU Faculty, Emeritus Faculty, Staff - August 31 of year in which issued
- WTAMU Students - End of the semester in which they are currently enrolled - May 15, August 15, or December 15
- Passports from LEIAN Institutions - May 15, August 15, or December 15
Returning Borrowed Materials
Borrowed materials must be returned within the loan period to the lending library, NOT to Cornette Library. The patron may return the materials in person or by first class, insured mail. The patron is responsible to the lending library for costs associated with postage and/or lost or damaged materials. Cornette Library has the right to place administrative restrictions on WTAMU records for materials that are not properly returned to the lending library.
Passports from Other Libraries
Cornette Library also accepts Passport Certificates from other LEIAN libraries. Patrons obtain their LEIAN Passport from their participating library, present it at the Circulation Desk, and complete required applications to receive a temporary WTAMU library card.
- Abilene Christian University
- Abilene Public Library
- Amarillo College
- Amarillo Public Library
- Angelo State University
- Cisco Junior College
- Dallas Baptist University
- Eastern New Mexico University - Portales
- Hardin Simmons University
- Howard County Junior College
- Howard Payne University
- Lubbock Christian University
- Lubbock City-County Library
- McMurry University
- Midland College
- New Mexico Highlands University
- Odessa College
- St. Edward's University - Austin
- South Plains College - Levelland, Lubbock
- Southwestern Assemblies of God - Waxahachie
- Southwestern Adventist University
- Southwestern University - Georgetown
- Sul Ross State University
- Texas Tech University
- Trinity University
- University of Mary Hardin-Baylor
- University of Texas of the Permian Basin
- Wayland Baptist University
- Western Texas College
- West Texas A&M University