Featured from New Books
Click on the call number to check the book's current status.
Succeeding with Technology
Boston : Thomson Course Technology, 2006
QA76.5 .S695 2006
You know your computer...now what are you going to do with it?
In today's tech-savvy world, it's not enough to simply understand our own personal computers. In order to achieve our personal and professional goals, we need to understand the larger role of computer systems. Succeeding with Technology takes a new approach to learning the fundamentals of technology. It looks beyond the PC to focus on how we can use technology in our world, at work and at home, in a wide spectrum of career fields and circumstances. Thus, readers obtain a broad view of the many ways technology is changing our world and the endless possibilities it has opened up for our future.
This 2005 Update Edition provides additional information in each chapter on the most cutting-edge technology developments, innovations, and trends to ensure that you have the information you need to maximize your personal and professional advancement.
Stay current with these new features:
- Up-to date information on the latest products and emerging trends such as 3G mobile phones, media-center PCs, IP phones, and Wi-Fi networks with comprehensive updates on topics presented in each chapter.
- Interesting insights offered in the new Job Technology, Community Technology, and Tech Edge boxes.
- New reinforcement material, including Questions, Exercises, and new TechTV assignments, gives you the comprehensive review you need to study smarter.
- A new library of TechTV Video Clips on the companion Web site and TechTV Video Assignments included in every chapter keep you on top of emerging technologies and technology-related issues.
- Expand Your Knowledge Student Edition Lab Assignments, which are customized for every chapter in the Student Online Companion, challenge you to apply the skills learned.
Quoted from back cover.