Featured from New Books
Click on the call number to check the book's current status.
Enhancing Learning Through the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning
Bolton, MA : Anker Publishing Company, Inc., 2007
LB2326.3 .M36 2007
There has been growing demand for workshops and materials to help those in higher education conduct and use the scholarship of teaching and learning. This book offers advice on how to do, share, and apply SoTL work to improve student learning and development. Written for college-level faculty members as well as faculty developers, administrators, academic staff, and graduate students, this book will also help undergraduate students collaborating with faculty on SoTL projects. Though targeted at those new to the field of SoTL, more seasoned SoTL researchers and those attempting to support SoTL efforts will find the book valuable. It can be used as an individual reading, a shared reading in SoTL writing circles, a resource in workshops on SoTL, and a text in seminars on teaching.
- Defining SoTL
- The functions, value, rewards, and standards for SoTL work
- How to get started on an SoTL project
- Working with colleagues, involving students, writing grants, integrating SoTL into your professional life, and finding useful resources
- Practical and ethical issues associated with SoTL work
- Designing SoTL projects
- Making your SoTL public and documenting your work
- The status of SoTL in disciplinary and institutional contexts
- Applying the goals of SoTL to enhance student learning and development
Quoted from back cover.