Featured from New Loan Books
Click on the call number to check the book's current status.
Beyond the Boys' Club: Strategies for Achieving Career Success As a Woman Working in a Male Dominated Field
Wit and Wisdom Press : Wit and Wisdom Press, 2009
HD6054.2 .G7 D69 2009
Beyond the Boys' Club will show you how to advance your career, break through the glass ceiling and completely raise your game. Packed with vital insights and and inspirational ideas, the book is written specifically for women to enable strategic career advancement.
Women can thrive in male-dominated fields, whether working in academia, private practice or the corporate sector and we can all learn from those who do and their successes.
Beyond the Boys' Club features inspiring and engaging interviews with incredibly successful women, each sharing unique strategies and paths to their success as they collaborate with compete primarily with men.
Are you just starting your career and excited about the journey ahead?
- Proactively take control of your career rather than wait and hope to be noticed
- Establish a sense of gravitas that is impressive to decision makers.
Do you have several years of experience, but want to find out what it takes to get ahead?
- Negotiate the labyrinth of office politics to get ahead
- Find the mentors you want...even if they aren't the ones assigned to you
Are you nearing the top of your game, but know that the learning never stops?
- Follow your gut instinct to know which risks are worth taking...and which you can't afford to turn down
- Be the professional woman you want to be, without feeling as if you have to be "one of the boys"
Quoted from dustjacket.