Computer Use Policy
Priorities for use of computers
- All education, research, and administrative purposes of West Texas A&M University
- Other uses indirectly related to West Texas A&M University purposes
General Rules for use of computers
Use computers and the computer network consistently with stated priorities. Those needing to use computers and the network for reasons consistent with the first priority will be given preference in access.
Do not use the network to violate any laws or other university policies, including policies stated in the Code of Student Life , the Faculty Handbook , and the Texas A&M University System Policy Manual.
Internet access is not filtered. The Cornette Library is responsible only for the content of its own Web site.
A copy of the West Texas A&M University policy on computer usage is available at Rules for Responsible Information Technology Usage .
Community Use of Computers
WTAMU allows community members, when visiting Cornette Library, the privilege of using the Library's computers under the following conditions:
- Access must be requested by completing the form which is available at the Reference Desk, on the date service is needed. To be granted access a guest should be at least 16 years of age, or be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
- Guest access is available for only one (1) hour on the date requested. An additional hour may be given at the librarian's discretion.
- Cornette Library reserves the right to ask community members to give up the computer they are using if that computer is needed by a currently enrolled student to complete an assignment.
- Guest access may be monitored and revoked at any time and for any reason. Guests should have no expectation of privacy except as otherwise provided by applicable privacy laws.
- Guests will be requested to provide name, email address, phone, photo ID, and sign a form acknowledging the above provisions.
Any questions? Ask a Librarian, or call us at 806/651-2215.