Check Out Our Staff (November 2012 Archive)
We hope you enjoy this chance to get better acquainted with members of our staff, as well as featured student workers.
Staff Employee for November 2012 - Jean Vinson
Department: Administration Office
What do you like most about working in the Cornette Library? The people I work with. The library has such talented and caring staff; it's wonderful to work with each of them. I also volunteered to work at Pippa's Coffee Shop. It's nice to get out of the office and interact with my WT family.
What is your favorite book(s)/author? Jodi Thomas is my sister, so it would have to be Jodi Thomas - Northern Star (dictated to me).
What is your favorite local attraction? The Amarillo Little Theater and the panhandle sunsets.
Rules to live by: Thank God for the many blessings. Put Him first in your life.
You might be surprised to know that : Dean Paxton is my identical "mirror" twin.
Student Employee for November 2012 - Christen Henderson
Department: Interlibrary Loan (ILL)
What is your major? Environmental Science and Biology
What do you like most about working in the Cornette Library? My favorite part about working at the Cornette Library is being around books, friendly people, and of course, drinking tea from Pippa's!
What is your favorite book(s)/author? I have many favorite books and authors as do most other people who enjoy/appreciate a good book. A few of my favorite authors include: Elena Poniatowska, Vladimir Nabokov, Upton Sinclair, Dr. Suess, Gonzalo Rojas, Rabindranath Tagore, and Gabriela Mistral.
What is your favorite local attraction? Globe-News Center for the Performing Arts.
Rules to live by?
- Do unto other as you want others to do to you.
- Treasure your body for it is the vessel that guides you through your life.
- Be honest and always tell the truth.
- Success required hard work, persistence and a little creativity.
- Make a difference to at least one other person's life.
- Admit when you're wrong and apologize.
- You can learn something from everyone.
- Don't be scared - go through life as fearlessly as possible.
- Smile and laugh every single day.
- Count your blessings and be thankful for all the good things in your life.
You might be surprised to know that I: have dug up human remains - this was at archaeological field school back in 2010. It was a bit surreal to say the least!
Previously Featured People
- September 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
Any questions? Ask a Librarian, or call us at 806/651-2215.