Information Services is a part of the Division of Information Technology at West Texas A&M University, and is comprised of Programming and Web Services.
Information Services supports the administrative and academic departments of the University to maintain and ensure the integrity of the student system, Buff Advisor, the financial system, the fund-raising system and the web functions related to each.
Information Services' mission, as part of the division of Information Technology, is to promote, support and facilitate the university mission of teaching, research and service through the efficient and effective use of technology to maximize students, faculty and staff success.
Programming Service analyzes, designs and implements new technologies that provide efficient and effective solutions for the currently utilized databases that include the Buff Advisor system, Colleague student system, the Financial system, the Benefactor system and approved custom systems.
- Offer support for the Colleague software system which includes the student system, Buff Advisor, the Colleague financial system and the Benefactor (Giving Opportunities) system.
- Maintain University database applications to ensure integrity and accessibility.
- Create and maintain custom developed programs and processes to work in conjunction with the Colleague System.
- Provide programming solutions and support for entities not addressed directly in the Colleague System.
- Load client applications to access University databases.
- Train users in the operation of the Colleague System and other custom systems.