Our MISSION is to promote, support and facilitate the University mission of teaching, research and service through the efficient and effective use of technology to maximize student, faculty and staff success.
Our VISION is to be recognized for customer service excellence and technology leadership across the Texas A&M University System, with a strong focus on collaboration, continuous improvement, shared governance, and transparency.
The GOALS of the division of information technology are:
- Cultivate campus success by actively engaging, listening, and anticipating the needs of our faculty, staff, and students.
- Provide outstanding technology infrastructure systems and services to support student safety, student engagement, instructional and experiential learning, teaching and research.
- Enhance the productivity, effectiveness and efficiency of University faculty, staff and students through the effective use of information technologies.
- Provide students, faculty and staff with access to facilities, equipment, systems and support in order to facilitate the achievement of the University mission.
- Provide security, disaster recovery, and business continuation systems and procedures to protect the electronically generated and stored assets of WTAMU.
QUALITY SERVICE STANDARDS
- Information Security
- I advocate the University’s information security standards at all times.
- I am proactive and consistently apply information security in my daily operations.
- I am a security ambassador for West Texas A&M University.
- I treat everyone with respect and represent IT with a level of professionalism that is 2nd to none.
- I am courteous and respectful to everyone that I come into contact with.
- I go above and beyond to exceed customer expectations.
- I perform my role efficiently.
- I use my time and resources wisely.
- I keep my skill-set current.
- Take responsibility.
- Communicate clearly with your customers.
- Ensure your area is guest-ready at all times.
Need help? Call us at 806-651-4357 or email us at email@example.com.
We also offer walk up assistance at the Hastings Electronic Learning Center.
Information technology resources