Program for System Admission
Some students who have been denied freshman admission to Texas A&M University will be given the opportunity to participate in the Program for System Admission (PSA). Students must complete a full year at one of the participating Texas A&M University System Institutions and successfully complete the requirements below of a selected program.
- Students must have a complete freshman application for the fall semester on file with the Office of Admissions at Texas A&M University in College Station by December 1
- Students must meet the minimum requirements for admission to the Texas A&M System Institution they wish to attend
- Students must respond to the PSA offer via the Applicant Information System (AIS) by May 1
To qualify for automatic admission via the PSA, students must meet the following criteria:
- Choose and complete specific course requirements from one of the approved TAMU program-specific degree plans
- Complete at least 24 transferable hours in residence at a single System Institution during the fall and spring semesters
- Maintain a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA at the System Institution AND maintain a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA on all transferable coursework (including dual credit taken during high school)
- Submit all required credentials by the published deadline
It is recommended that developmental course(s) and/or prerequisite course(s) be taken prior to fall enrollment. Example: Some institutions require College Algebra before enrolling in higher level math courses.
West Texas A&M University Contacts