Transfer Student Orientation
Register for Transfer Student Orientation
PLEASE NOTE: May 22nd TSO registration is now closed. For assistance please call the Office of Admissions at 806.651.2020
If you are reading this you meet the following criteria:
If you do not meet these requirements for a transfer student - don't worry you just need to go to the New Student Orientation page.
- You were previously enrolled in a University or college and received a minimum of twelve academic hours after your high school graduation - dual credit coursework does not qualify.
- You are transferring from another institution.
What is Transfer Student Orientation (TSO)?
Transfer Student Orientation is a one-day program that prepares incoming students for success at West Texas A&M University. It will:
- Provide academic advising
- Help you enroll in classes at WTAMU
- Make you feel at home during TSO and at WTAMU as you transition
- Provide you with tips and strategies for a successful transition
- Familiarize you with the campus
- Give you the opportunity to meet future classmates and make friends
- Equip you with information about available resources, like Financial Aid
Registration is Required
TSO is a highly anticipated event for our students and fills up quickly. To insure your spot and have the best experience, registration is required by 5 p.m. the TUESDAY BEFORE the EVENT
Who Can Attend? New transfers who have been admitted to the University are welcome to attend Transfer Student Orientation, but families and guests can attend too.
There is a base fee of $30 for the student to attend orientation. This fee will be applied to the bill for the student's first long semester. Guests are $15 per person. To verify your admission status, call 1.800.99.WTAMU.
Homework Assignments Get a jump start on your WTAMU career by completing these assignments prior to TSO:
- Clear your calendar for the orientation date
- Take all necessary exams and submit your scores to the Office of Admissions
- Contact Educational Services to check costs and make testing appointments at 806-651-2341. Contact Admissions with testing questions at 806-651-2020.
8:00 Check-In, Jack B. Kelley Student Center (JBK) Legacy Hall Foyer
8:30 Welcome, JBK Legacy Hall
8:45 Small Group Time, JBK Legacy Hall
9:00 Academic Expectations, JBK Legacy Hall
10:00 College Meet and Greet, JBK Legacy Hall
10:30 – 5:00 Rotations:
• Advising/Registration (Hastings Electronic Learning Center)
• Buffalo Gold Card (Student ID) (JBK 120)
• Career Services Presentation (JBK Thunder Room)
• Financial Q&A (JBK Thunder Room)
• Lunch/Organization & Service Fair (JBK Legacy Hall)
• Financial Aid (CC 115C or Old Main 112)
• Residential Living (Centennial Hall)
• University Bookstore (JBK 117)
• Campus Tours (Admissions, Old Main 124)
• Business Office (Old Main 104)
If you are flying into Amarillo prior to Orientation, and if you need to be picked up from the airport, please contact Michelle McFadden in the Office of Admissions at (806)651-2007 or email@example.com. The shuttle service runs between 8 am and 5 pm on the day prior to Orientation and is not available outside of normal business hours or on the day of the event. Return service to the airport is available before 5 p.m. on the day of orientation.
Keep in mind when making flight arrangements the WTAMU campus is roughly 30 minutes from the airport.
If you will need to stay overnight before or after your orientation, visit our lodging page for current rates and discounts for WT-related stays.