Transfer Student Orientation
If you are reading this you meet the following criteria:
If you do not meet these requirements for a transfer student - don't worry you just need to go to the New Student Orientation page.
- You were previously enrolled in a University or college and received a minimum of twelve academic hours after your high school graduation - dual credit coursework does not qualify.
- You are transferring from another institution.
What is Transfer Student Orientation (TSO)?
Transfer Student Orientation is a one-day program that prepares incoming students for success at West Texas A&M University. It will:
- Provide academic advising
- Help you enroll in classes at WTAMU
- Make you feel at home during TSO and at WTAMU as you transition
- Provide you with tips and strategies for a successful transition
- Familiarize you with the campus
- Give you the opportunity to meet future classmates and make friends
- Equip you with information about available resources, like Financial Aid
Registration is Required
TSO is a highly anticipated event for our students and fills up quickly. To insure your spot and have the best experience, registration is required by 5pm the TUESDAY BEFORE the EVENT
Who Can Attend? New transfers who have been admitted to the University are welcome to attend Transfer Student Orientation, but families and guests can attend too.
There is a base fee of $30 for the student to attend orientation. This fee will be applied to the bill for the student's first long semester. Guests are $15 per person. To verify your admission status, call 1.800.99.WTAMU.
Homework Assignments Get a jump start on your WTAMU career by completing these assignments prior to TSO:
- Clear your calendar for the orientation date
- Take all necessary exams and submit your scores to the Office of Admissions
- Contact Educational Services to check costs and make testing appointments at 806-651-2341. Contact Admissions with testing questions at 806-651-2020.
- Send final transcripts - contact your Registrar's Office to have your college transcripts sent
- Read up on meningitis
- Access your student email at wtamu.edu/activate or by contacting our Help Desk at 806-651-4357. (Remember your password!)
- Follow WTAMU on Twitter to stay informed about events
- Become a fan of WTAMU on Facebook
- Watch our videos on YouTube
- Parking will be available at the First United Bank Center. Ride the shuttle to the Jack B. Kelley Student Center. Check-in will be inside at Legacy Hall. (No parking permit is required to park at the First United Bank Center.)
Click here for a campus map.
Tentative Student Schedule coming soon.
Check-in begins at 8am, and orientation concludes around 4:00pm.
Flight Information If you are traveling to us by plane and will need transportation from and to the airport - please contact Michelle McFadden in the Office of Admissions at 806-651-2007 to make arrangements.