Once you have reserved a spot for an orientation session:
1. Clear your calendar for the orientation date. You must be present for the entire program.
2. Take all necessary exams and submit your scores to the Office of Admissions. All testing must be taken care of prior to the start of Orientation on Thursday. To verify your testing needs, please contact the Office of Admissions at 806.651.2020.
Possible test scores include: AP, CLEP, ACCUPLACER, THEA, SAT/ACT - Contact Educational Services to check costs and make testing appointments at 806-651-2341.
3. Send final transcripts. Remind your counselor to send your official, completed high school transcript indicating rank and graduation date. Transfer students need to contact your registrar's office to have your college transcripts sent.
4. Get immunized and/or provide immunization records. Students must meet the State of Texas Meningitis Vaccination requirement, Student Medical Services offers immunizations for Meningitis.
5. Be sure to bring a copy of your car license plate number if you are interested in getting a parking permit.
6. Check out Reality Check to learn about how your degree from WTAMU will change your life.
7. Follow WTAMU on Twitter to stay informed about events.
8. Become a fan of WTAMU on Facebook.
9. Watch our videos on YouTube.
Some testing may be required to fullfill the Texas Success Initiative (TSI). All freshmen are required to take a math assessment unless you have met one of the following:
- College Algebra has been completed
- Completed the elementary algebra section of the ACCUPLACER within a year and have submitted official scores
- Completed and submitted math portion of the THEA and scored 270 or above
If you have questions about what tests you might need or how to test in your area, contact the Office of Admissions at 1-800-99-WTAMU.
If you need to test on the WTAMU campus or are unable to make prior testing arrangements in your area, a pre-orientation testing day (for those required it) will be available each Wednesday prior to your chosen New Student Orientation date (except the July 5-6 dates--testing will occur during orientation.)
June 5, 2013
June 19, 2013
June 26, 2013
July 17, 2013
July 24, 2013
July 31, 2013
All needed testing must be completed before the New Student Orientation officially begins.
Contact Educational Services, 806.651.2341, to check TSI, math placement, or CLEP testing costs and to make testing appointments.
What should you bring to New Student Orientation?
- Casual clothing and comfortable shoes …no need to dress to impress.
- A jacket or hoodie...rooms tend to be cold.
- Any last minute transcripts and scores from the ACCUPLACER and THEA (if necessary); however, this should be taken care of before orientation.
- Bed linens and overnight supplies should you be staying with us in the residence halls.
- A swim suit if you're interested in the pool party during Orgs Night Out.
- A photo ID.
- Banking information (1) Routing number (2) Account number - to be used for processing student refunds. Entry will be done online by student or parent during NSO.
First week of class
- Finish that readership novel...otherwise you will get lost during discussions in class.
- GO TO CLASS.
- Meet up with some of your new friends from NSO.
Have any questions about what WTAMU has to offer?
If you have questions about various services, take advantage of our new 411 e-mail service. E-mail any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.