New Student Orientation
If you are reading this you meet the following criteria:
- You are a recent (or soon to be) high school graduate
- You have not enrolled and received twelve hours of credit at another university or college after you graduated from high school
- You may have obtained dual credit while in high school
If you do not meet these requirements for a new student - don't worry you are just a click away from the Transfer Student Orientation page.
What is New Student Orientation (NSO)?
It's time to discover new places, new friends, new interests, and the Buff in you. This summer, you will have the opportunity to start the next chapter in your life by attending New Student Orientation at West Texas A&M University.
Who Can Attend?
New students to our University that have been admitted must attend New Student Orientation. (Transfer students are encouraged to attend a Transfer Student Orientation.) Attendance at an orientation is required for all incoming freshmen. To verify your admission status, call 1.800.99.WTAMU. (For more guest information, click here.)
Should you need to change your reservation, click here. Cancellations must be made seven days prior to orientation. A single fee of $125 covers all student costs associated with your orientation and will go on your first long semester's bill. Parents and guardians are welcome to join you for the NSO portion of orientation. One guest is included in the NSO fee; additional guests are $30. Other things you need to know about NSO:
- Students are required to attend all programming during their NSO session. Failure to do so will prevent students from registration.
- Family and guests are also welcome and invited to attend orientation.
- Guest sessions run concurrent to the student schedule.
Tentative student schedule coming soon.
Parents and guests will have an alternate schedule during orientation and are encouraged to bring a jacket or blanket as rooms tend to be cold. Tentative guest schedule coming soon.
To cap off your NSO experience and to officially become a Buff, advising and registration for your first semester will occur in the afternoon of your orientation. Advising and Registration will only take place after you have completed all NSO activities and our technology training. All sessions at NSO are required for registration to occur.