New Student Orientation
Registration for orientation is now open.
Students who are planning to attend WTAMU should be conscious of registration information and schedules for NSO. Should you have questions regarding your admission status, please contact the Office of Admissions at 806.651.2020.
If you are reading this you meet the following criteria:
- You are a recent high school graduate
- You have not enrolled and received twelve hours of credit at another university or college after you graduated from high school
- You obtained dual credit while in high school
If you do not meet these requirements for a new student - don't worry you are just a click away from the Transfer Student Orientation page.
What is New Student Orientation (NSO)?
It's time to discover new places, new friends, new interests, and the Buff in you. This summer, you will have the opportunity to start the next chapter in your life by attending New Student Orientnation at West Texas A&M University. During the two days that you are on our campus you will:
Meet your future classmates, friends, and some of your future faculty members
Learn about WTAMU's rich history and traditions
Get familiar with the campus and begin to feel at home
Gain insightful tips and information that will prepare you for success at WTAMU
Receive professional academic advising
Register for your first classes as a WTAMU Buff!
Who Can Attend?
New students to our University that have been admitted have six opportunities throughout the summer to attend orientation. Attendance at an orientation is required for all incoming students. (Transfer students are encouraged to attend a Transfer Student Orientation.)
There is a base fee of $115 for the student to attend orientation and includes one free guest. This fee will be applied to the bill for the student's first long semester. Additional guests are $30 per person. To verify your admission status, call 1.800.99.WTAMU.
Orientation space is limited and each student will be able to sign up for an orientation date on a first-come, first-served basis. Should you need to cancel your reservation, please contact the Office of Admissions at 806.651.2020. Cancellations must be
made seven days prior to orientation.
- Students are required to attend all programming during their NSO session. Failure to do so will prevent students from registration.
- Family and guests are also welcome and invited to attend orientation.
- Family and Guest sessions run concurrent to the Student Schedule.
- Homework: Doing these "assignments" prepares you for NSO success.
- Wondering what you should bring to NSO?
- Some students may need to arrive earlier for pre-orientation testing.
- Print out a Campus Map.
- Like First Year Experience on Facebook to keep up with campus events and information!
- Send final transcripts - contact your Registrar's Office to have your college transcripts sent
- Read up on meningitis
- Access your student email at wtamu.edu/activate or by contacting our Help Desk at 806-651-4357. (Remember your password!)
- Parking will be available in the parking lot off of 4th Street (across from Taco Villa). No permit will be required during orientation.
**Alternative parking - Sybil B. Harrington Fine Arts Complex.
Click here for a copy of the tentative student schedule.
Parents and guests will have an alternate schedule during orientation and are encouraged to bring a jacket or blanket as rooms tend to be cold. Click here for a copy of the tentative guest schedule.
To cap off your NSO experience and to officially become a Buff, advising and registration for your first semester will occur during your orientation. Advising and Registration will only take place after you have completed all NSO activities and our technology training. All sessions at NSO are required for registration to occur.