Discover WT is an interactive and exciting way to experience West Texas A&M University, including demonstrations from some of our leading departments and personal connections with students and faculty. This event is designed to meet the needs of a variety of future Buffs:
Additionally, you can tour our beautiful campus, get a taste of BUFF life and experience firsthand what current Buffs are raving about! Discover WT is a lot of fun, PLUS you'll get information about admission to WTAMU, areas of study, financial aid, living on campus, student activities and so much more.
Check back for dates after August 15, 2015
806-651-2020 or 1-800-99-WTAMU.
9 a.m. Check In – Legacy Hall (located in the Jack B. Kelley Student Center)
• Student Organizations and Services Fair
9:45 a.m. Welcome in Legacy Hall
9:55 a.m. WTAMU Admissions & Information for the Day
10:10 a.m. Transition time to Classroom Center (CC) – Be sure to pick up your spirit gift!
10:20 a.m. Concurrent sessions (to run every 20 minutes at 10:20 AM, 10:40 AM, and 11:00 AM)
[Choose three sessions to attend from the following options--all located in the Classroom Center]
11:30 a.m. Academic Showcase
• College of Agriculture, Science, and Engineering
• College of Business
• College of Education and Social Sciences
• College of Nursing and Health Sciences
• Sybil B. Harrington College of Fine Arts and Humanities
12:15 p.m. Lunch on your own
• The “CAF" (our residential dining hall) Open 7:00 am - 1:30 pm
1 p.m. and 1:30 p.m. Campus tour departs from the Buffalo Fountain
2-4 p.m. Suggestions for Optional Afternoon Activities:
• Tour Residence Halls - See your “home away from home”
• Shop in the University Bookstore
• Hike in Palo Duro Canyon
• Visit Panhandle Plains Historical Museum
• Visit “The Square” – Downtown Canyon shopping and business district. City of Canyon map with shops and restaurants.
• Explore the Texas Plains Trail region
• Tour Horse Center or Nance Ranch (each on your own). Watch the video about the Horse Center.
*Schedule subject to changes. Prospective students and guests will receive a schedule on the day of the event.
Rick Husband International Airport is located about 30 minutes away in Amarillo. Rental car counters are located on the first floor of the airport near baggage claim.
Please visit our lodging page for great room rates for WTAMU visitors.
Parking and Directions
Driving directions to Campus
The large directional signs for Discover WT will lead you to the lot between Stafford Hall (6) and the Box (7). Ample parking is also available at the First United Bank Center. The WTAMU Shuttle Service will be available from this lot to the main campus and back, and University tour guides will be available to help guide and direct you. If you have any questions, please contact the Admissions office at 806-651-2020 or 1-800-WTAMU.
GPS Coordinates to First United Bank Center: 34.981012,-101.904055
Weather in the Panhandle can be unpredictable, plan ahead with 10-day forecast from weather.com.