- Aerospace and Defense
- Energy Fields - terminal, renewable, and effeciency
- Oil and Gas
- Engineering Design and Analysis
- Manufacturing and Processing
PLAN OF STUDY
Mechanical Engineering (B.S.)
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- The ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering
- The ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data
- The ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability
- The ability to function on multidisciplinary teams
- The ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems
- The understanding of professional and ethical responsibility
- The ability to communicate effectively
- The broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context
- The recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning
- A knowledge of contemporary issues
- The ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.
DEGREE OPTIONS/FUTURE ACADEMIC PATHS
Graduates are awarded a B.S. in Mechanical Engineering. Limited online classes are available. WTAMU offers a Master's in Engineering Technology.
Graduate Students may also find similar academic interests in:
- Engineering Technology
- Business Administration
- WT Student Chaper of American Society of Mechancal Engineers (ASME) holds frequent meetings, community service projects, and field trips to potential employers
- WT Student Chapter of the Society of Women Engineers (SWE) holds frequent meetings, community service projects, and social event opportunities for it's members.
Median wage (TX) - $90,090
Median wage (US) - $80,580
Commercial and Industrial Designers
Median wage (TX) - $57,670
Median wage (US) - $61,400
Source: Myplan.com, LLC; Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor.