To be eligible to apply for McNair, you must meet all of the following requirements:
- A WTAMU enrolled student with at least 60 hours of academic credit
- A GPA of 3.0 or higher
- A U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Continued enrollment at least one full semester after completing summer research
And must meet at least one of the following:
- First generation college student (meaning neither parent has a 4-year degree) who meets income criteria set by the U.S. Department of Education. Income verification is required of all applicants. This may include current tax return, Pell grant award or copy of financial aid award letter.
- A member of a group that is traditionally underrepresented in graduate education, as defined by the U.S. Department of Education.
If you have specific questions, call our office at 806- 651-5294 or 806-651-5295 or come by the Killgore Research Center, Suite 159.