At West Texas A&M University, we challenge you to do more than tour campus to learn where buildings are located. We want you to experience what makes WTAMU great by taking a “WT Test Drive.”
Choosing a university is like buying a car. You would never buy a car without a test drive, so why choose a university without visiting the campus? The “Test Drive” is an important step in the process of choosing a university.
To schedule your visit, fill out the Campus Tour form
. If you have questions, call 806-651-2020 or 1-800-99-WTAMU.
- Admissions presentation prior to each tour
- Student led walking tour
- Opportunity to meet faculty*
- Tour of residence hall
- WT Gift
“Test Drives” are available twice a day (10am and 2pm) on weekdays and select Saturdays.* Click on the "Visit Form" link below for a full calendar view of our visit options.
*Faculty meetings and personal residence hall visits are not available on Saturday visits and subject to the availability of Faculty on weekdays.
Sample Weekday Tour Itinerary
Campus tours will depart the Buffalo Courts Alumni Center promptly at 10 a.m. and at 2 p.m.
For the location of buildings, see a campus map
. Buffalo Courts is #19 and Parking is located in front of #5
- 9:30 a.m. or 1:30 p.m. – Arrive at Buffalo Courts Alumni Center
- 9:45 a.m. or 1:45 p.m. – Admission’s presentation
- 10 a.m. or 2 p.m. – Campus tour
- 11:30 a.m. or 3:30 p.m. – Meet faculty in the area you are interested in studying
- Noon - Eat in the "Caf" with current students ($7/visitor)
- 12:30 p.m. - Optional Residence Hall tours - Begin at Centennial Hall
- Schedule your “Test Drive” at least 48 hours in advance
- Park at the Sybil B. Harrington Fine Arts Complex (Designated visitor parking spots)
- Wear comfortable shoes
- Enjoy a meal at our Dining Hall ("Caf") with current students
- If you would like to see a specific residence hall or want additional information about living on campus, consider taking part in a special look at res-life each weekday* at 12:30pm.
Please visit our lodging page for great WTAMU visitor rates! Whether you are coming for a weekday visit or decide to come for a Discover WT event, we encourage you to experience the Canyon/Amarillo area by staying the night and maybe taking in some local attractions like Palo Duro Canyon State Park or the Panhandle Plains Historical Museum.
At the WT campus we enjoy all four seasons and incredible weather most of the year but we recommend you check back closer to your visit day for an idea of how you should dress. Click here to see a 10-day forecast from weather.com.
Click here for Directions to Campus or plug in these GPS coordinates to drive directly to the reserved campus tour parking located at: N 34 59.081 W 101 54.982
Now you are ready to register for your Campus Visit