MSN Admission information
Eligible M.S.N. applicants will:
- Hold a B.S.N. degree from a CCNE or NLN accredited school of nursing; or be eligible through WTAMU's RN to MSN accelerated program.
- Hold an active, unrestricted RN license in the state in which practica will be completed.
- Have a minimum last 60 hour GPA of a 3.0, with no grade below a C for the last 60 hours taken.
- Have completed a basic undergraduate level statistics course with a grade of C or higher.
- Provide verification of current CPR certification and required immunizations.
- FNP applicants will provide verification of at least two years of recent clinical practice as an RN before starting FNP specialty coursework.
- Understand the Use of Technology requirements.
Eligible applicants will submit:
by April 1, for a fall start or November 1, for a spring start.
GRADUATE SCHOOL APPLICATION;
MSN applicants also need to apply to the Graduate School for university admission. Please see the Graduate School webpage for more information on apply to the university.
PLAN of study
Comprehensive role specialization coursework: NURS 6120, 6303, 6314, 6315, 6317, 6318, 6320, 6322, 6323, 6324, 6384 and three electives.
NOTE: If thesis option is selected, delete NURS 6120 and two electives and replace with NURS 6301 and 6302. (39-40 credit hours).
FNP role specialization courswork: NURS 6120, 6303, 6315, 6316, 6317, 6318, 6320, 6384, 6611, 6712, 6713, 6490; (46 credit hours).
For course information, consult the University catalog.
RN to MSN accelerated OPTION
WTAMU offers an accelerated RN to MSN option for associate degreed nurses seeking an M.S.N. degree. Please see RN to BSN nursing webpage for more details.
For more information on the Nursing Graduate Program, please contact Deanna Moore at 806-651-2654 or email@example.com.
For more information on the Graduate School, please contact Karen Lane at 806-651-2739 or KLane@wtamu.edu.