Educational Services Department
TAP-Tutoring Assistance Program
Tutoring Services is a free, appointment-based, one-on-one and pair/group tutoring program for students. Core-curriculum subjects in the math and science areas are covered, but are not limited to these subjects.
Please tell us how we're doing and complete our survey, click below for survey.
Online tutoring is available 24/7! That's SMARTHINKING! Just follow these steps to get started:
- Go to WT-Single Sign-On
- Log in with your username and password and find the link to SMARTHINKING on your homepage
- Start using SMARTHINKING! Please go to the gray tab located on the right side of this page for a quick Smarthinking Overview.
Walk-In Tutoring Centers
Educational Services has 2 labs, a math and science. Please click on link below for operating hours and location:
Math And Science Tutoring Center
Accounting Tutoring Center
Pair/group and some one-on-one Tutoring available
- Have trouble with a core curriculum class?
- Lack confidence in your study skills?
- Need a scheduled study partner?
- Need help understanding course content?
The Tutor Assistance Program can help you:
- Enhance test preparation skills.
- Improve daily study habits.
- Enrich subject understanding.
- Improve course grades.
- Develop a study plan that can be applied to all classes.
To start the process, please complete our Tutor Request form . If you have any questions, please contact our office at 806-651-2341.
The Tutor Assistance Program will match you with a tutor qualified to meet your individual needs. Students will have direct contact with tutors and discuss days and times to meet throughout the semester.
About the Tutors
Each tutor must obtain an A or B in the subject area they intend to tutor, as well as maintain a 3.0 GPA. Tutors are required to submit an updated unofficial transcript every semester. They tutor in undergraduate or core curriculum courses and graduate courses when possible. Placement with a tutor is not guaranteed, as placement is dependent upon availability.
If interested in being a Tutor for our department, please submit a Tutor Application . Keep in mind, we hire tutors based upon our needs.
The West Texas A&M University Tutor Assistance Program is a member of the National Tutoring Association.