Registration for this year's Discover WT events will open September 15.
Discover WT is an interactive and exciting way to experience West Texas A&M University, including demonstrations from some of our leading departments and personal connections with students and faculty. This event is designed to meet the needs of a variety of future Buffs:
Additionally, you can tour our beautiful campus, get a taste of BUFF life and experience firsthand what current Buffs are raving about! Discover WT is a lot of fun, PLUS you'll get information about admission to WTAMU, areas of study, financial aid, living on campus, student activities and so much more.
Discover WT Dates:
November 5, 2016
March 25, 2017
806-651-2020 or 1-800-99-WTAMU.
9 a.m. Check In – Alumni Banquet Facility
9:45 a.m. Welcome in Legacy Hall
9:55 a.m. WTAMU Admissions & Information for the Day
10:10 a.m. Transition time to Classroom Center (CC) – Be sure to pick up your spirit gift!
10:20 a.m. Concurrent sessions (to run every 20 minutes at 10:20 AM, 10:40 AM, and 11:00 AM)
[Choose three sessions to attend from the following options--all located in the Classroom Center]
11:30 a.m. Academic Showcase
12:15 p.m. Lunch on your own
• The “CAF" (our residential dining hall) Open 7:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
1-2 p.m. Campus tours depart every 15 minutes from the Buffalo Fountain
2-4 p.m. Suggestions for Optional Afternoon Activities:
• Tailgate with the Hollering Herd at the Buffalo Sports Park - FREE Admission
• Tour Residence Halls - See your “home away from home”
• Shop in the University Bookstore Open 9:30 a.m. to 1:15 p.m.
• Hike in Palo Duro Canyon
• Visit Panhandle Plains Historical Museum
• Visit “The Square” – Downtown Canyon shopping and business district.
• Explore the Texas Plains Trail region
• Tour Horse Center or Nance Ranch (each on your own). Watch the video about the Horse Center. Please call at least a week ahead to schedule your tour. Locations are not staffed.
6 p.m. WT Football at Kimbrough Memorial Stadium - FREE admission for Discover WT visitors
*Schedule subject to changes. Prospective students and guests will receive a schedule on the day of the event.
Rick Husband International Airport is located about 30 minutes away in Amarillo. Rental car counters are located on the first floor of the airport near baggage claim.
Please visit our lodging page for great room rates for WTAMU visitors.
Parking and Directions
Driving directions to Campus
Get help finding your way with our interactive campus map. If you have any questions, please contact the Admissions office at 806-651-2020 or 1-800-WTAMU.
GPS Coordinates to First United Bank Center: 34.981012,-101.904055
Weather in the Panhandle can be unpredictable, plan ahead with 10-day forecast from weather.com.