How to Register
Registration is the selection of classes and arrangement for payment of tuition and fees by the appropriate deadline. Students may register and check their current class schedule through Buff Advisor. Regulations governing course selection, pre-requisites, course load and admission requirements are published in the WTAMU catalog or can be obtained from your academic department.
Priority Registration for the 2016 January Intersession and Spring Semester is open to:
- Currently Enrolled Seniors and Graduate Students starting at 12:00 a.m. Monday, November 2
- Currently Enrolled Juniors starting at 8:00 a.m. Thursday, November 5
- Currently Enrolled Sophomores starting at 8:00 a.m. Monday, November 9
- Currently Enrolled Freshmen starting at 8:00 a.m. Monday, November 16
- All Students - current and newly admitted - starting at 8:00 a.m. Monday, November 23
2016 January Intersession Registration
Priority Registration closes for 2016 January Intersession on December 6 at 11:59 p.m. Priority Registration is the allotted time to register without incurring an additional cost of $4 per semester credit hour.
Regular Registration for 2016 January Intersession is December 7 - 15. An additional $4 per credit hour will be assessed.
2016 Spring Registration
Priority Registration closes for 2016 Spring on January 3 at 11:59 p.m. Priority Registration is the allotted time to register without incurring an additional cost of $4 per semester credit hour.
Regular Registration for 2016 Spring is January 4 - 22. An additional $4 per credit hour will be assessed.
Check the University calendar for other important dates.
Process for Currently Enrolled Students and Admitted Students
- Contact your adviser for an appointment. You must be advised for each semester prior to being given access to register.
- Freshmen and Sophomores: see the Advising Services website for details on the advising model for your major, Student Success Center, Classroom Center Room 110.
- Juniors and Seniors: see your academic adviser in the department of your major
- Graduate Students: see your graduate adviser in the department of your major
- Your adviser will "Green Light" you, which does not constitute registration. You must follow-up and register at the appropriate time. Deadlines will be enforced, so make payments on time. Consult Buff Advisor message board for dates.
- Financial aid is applied once you accept your aid, even if you are not attending classes.
- Bills are not mailed but will be posted on Buff Advisor. An email notification will be sent to your WTAMU assigned student email address.