Sept. 23, 2013
COPY BY: Rana McDonald, 806-651-2129, firstname.lastname@example.org
WTAMU College of Business Announces Professorship Appointment
CANYON, Texas—The College of Business at West Texas A&M University is pleased to announce the appointment of Dr. Huabing Wang as the Gene Edwards Professor of Banking.
Wang, associate professor of finance, earned her doctorate degree from the University of Alabama before joining the faculty at West Texas A&M University in 2007. She teaches in the areas of corporate finance, international finance and bank management. Her research has appeared in numerous journals including Studies in Economics and Finance, Journal of Finance and Accountancy, Journal of Corporate Finance, Journal of International Business Research, and Academy of Accounting and Financial Studies Journal.
The Edwards Professorship of Banking was established in 1984 by friends of Gene Edwards. The professorship is in honor of Gene Edwards, a distinguished Texas banker who enhanced both business and community development through his leadership.
The announcement of the new professorship appointment brings the total to 13 endowed professorships in the College of Business. The continuing professor appointments are:
• Dr. De’Arno De’Armond—Gene Edwards Professor of Financial Planning;
• Dr. Anne Macy—Gene Edwards Professor of Finance;
• Dr. Musa Jafar—Dr. Phil Gensler Professor of Computer Information Systems;
• Dr. Darlene Pulliam—James and Mogie McCray Professor of Business;
• Jean Walker—Dr. Jerry Miller Professor of Entrepreneurship;
• Dr. Sean Humpherys—T. Boone Pickens Professor of Business;
• Dr. Jonathan Shaffer—T. Boone Pickens Professor of Management;
• Dr. Karyn Friske—Stanley Schaeffer Professor of Business Ethics;
• Dr. Andrew Li—Don Williams Professor of Management;
• Dr. Jeffry Babb—Drs. Neil and Anne Terry Professor of Business;
• Dr. James Owens—Don Hodges Professor of Corporate Governance; and
• Dr. Nick Gerlich—J. Pat Hickman Professor of Marketing.