WTAMU Speech and Hearing Clinic
Virgil Henson Activity Center (VHAC)
**Most insurances accepted
You are invited to attend a public meeting for the speech-language
pathology graduate program.
When: Thursday, April 2
Time: 4:30 - 5 p.m.
Where: Alumni Banquet Hall, Buffalo Room (shares the parking lot with the VHAC)
Purpose: We are writing to inform you that the graduate program in speech-language pathology is undergoing re-accreditation by the Council on Academic Accreditation in Audiology and Speech Pathology (CAA) of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA). If you wish to provide input about the program and/or the clinical services we provide, you are invited to attend a public meeting during our site visit, which is scheduled on Thursday, April 2 from 4:30-5 p.m. in the Alumni Banquet Hall, Buffalo Room which shares the parking lot with the VHAC. We hope you will be able to attend. If you are unable to attend and would like to provide feedback about our graduate program, we encourage you to submit your comments to ASHA at this website prior to April 2, 2015: http://www.asha.org/academic/accreditation/PublicCommentList.htm.
A copy of the standards for Accreditation and the CAA Policy on Public Comment may be obtained by contacting the Accreditation Office of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association, 2200 Research Blvd., #310, Rockville, MD 20850, or calling ASHA's Action Center at 800-638-8255 or via email at: http://asha.org/
We welcome your feedback.
Dr. Brenda Cross
West Texas A&M University’s Speech and Hearing Clinic is an outpatient clinic offering speech therapy in Amarillo and Canyon. We also offer hearing evaluations and amplification for all ages in Amarillo and Canyon.
Services are provided by graduate student clinicians in the Communication Disorders program. Clinicians are supervised by licensed and certified Speech-Language Pathologists who are WTAMU faculty.
Click this link to learn more about certified Speech-Language Pathologists: ASHA
Unlawful Discrimination: Any act of unlawful discrimination based on race, creed, color, religion, gender, age, disability, national origin, or sexual orientation is prohibited. West Texas A&M University encourages a climate of uniqueness of the individual within our state, nation, and world. The University also strives to protect the rights and privileges and to enhance the self-esteem of all its members. Any form of harassment and any form of unlawful discrimination against any individual is inconsistent with the values and ideals of the University. We comply with nondiscrimination regulations under Title VI and Title VII, Civil Rights Acts of 1964; Title IX, Education Amendments Act of 1972; Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974; Sections 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990; the Age Discrimination Act of 1967; and other applicable statutes.
Specializing in the Treatment of:
- State of the art equipment for viewing the vocal cords for comprehensive voice assessment
- LSVT® certified clinicians for treatment of Parkinson's related voice disorders
- Vocal Fold Dysfunction in athletes
Neurocognitive Communication Disorders
- Dementia related to normal aging
- Dementia of the Alzheimer's type
- Dementia related to neurological disorders
Aphasia and Speech Disorders related to Stroke
Childhood Speech and Language Disorders
- Reading and writing difficulties that are related to phonological awareness difficulties
- Reading and writing difficulties that are related to language learning difficulties
- Swallowing evaluation using FEES
- Swallowing treatment for swallowing disorders related to stroke, head and neck cancer, neurological disease
- Pediatric swallowing disorders including behavioral feeding issues
- Audiological Evaluation - infants through geriatrics
- Amplification- infants through geriatrics
- Custom Swim Plugs and Custom Hearing Protection
- Auditory Processing Evaluation
- FM systems
- OAE evaluation - infants through geriatrics
- Treatment for BPPV