Faculty-led Programs 2015-2016
Faculty-led programs are courses instructed by WT professors that include a short-term course –related program abroad. These programs are normally developed by the faculty member for a specific major, and academic credit is given only for the courses to be instructed abroad.
While in this type of program you won’t be able to choose the location (because the faculty chooses it for you), it is a great choice if you are looking for a short-term experience (normally 2 to 4 weeks); these programs are also convenient if you have never been abroad and do not want to travel by yourself, since you have the opportunity to travel with the faculty members and a group of WT students.
The following program will be offered during the Winter intersession:
Through this Go Global experience, students will connect course content with cultural knowledge, service leadership, academic research and writing, and critical thinking. India provides excellent opportunities for authentic, cross-cultural experiences. From tutoring children in English language, to developing knowledge of the religions of Hinduism, Islam and Buddhism, to studying the culture and society, students will increase their understanding of themselves and others, while exploring Incredible India.
- Program location: Hyderabad, Delhi, Agra and Varanasi, India
- Course(s) offered: Educational Psychology EPSY 3341; Service Learning EDLD 6308; Multicultural Education EDPD 6304; International Studies EDPD 6385; Practicum in Assessment PSYC 6099; Legal, Ethical and Multicultural Issues PSYC 6095/6392
- Estimated cost of program: $3,000
- Program fee includes: airfare, accommodation, meals (three per day), required field trips, local transportation, international health insurance.
- Program fee does not include: tuition and fees, personal spending money
- Program dates: January 1-16, 2016
For more information, please contact Dr. Eddie Henderson, Mr. Buddy Fox, or Mr. Kenneth Denton.
Looking for a May or Summer faculty-led program?
Information is not available yet, but don't worry! Just check again in mid-September to see what we will be offering during the May and Summer sessions!
A&M System Faculty-led Programs
Students are encouraged to take advantage of faculty-led programs offered by other universities within the A&M system. Students wishing to participate in these programs must pay the tuition and fees of the host university, but are still applicable for financial aid and scholarships from WTAMU. Please visit the A&M System Faculty-led Programs page to find out where you can study abroad on a faculty-led program.