WTAMU is proud to offer the following scholarship awards to qualified new freshmen who submit admission and scholarship applications by Dec. 1 (for early action) or Feb. 1 (priority date). Scholarships are competitive and the number of awards are based on availability of funds.
Scholarship Awards for Out-of-State Residents
Scholarship Awards for International Residents
Scholarship Awards for Texas Residents
|Award Level ||Amount Per Year ||ACT or SAT Score* || ||High School Class Rank |
|President's Scholar ||$6,000 ||32/1420 ||AND ||Top 5% |
|Provost's Scholar ||$4,000 ||28/1270 ||AND ||Top 7% |
|Honor Scholar ||$3,000 ||26/1200 ||AND ||Top 12% |
|Academic Scholar ||$2,000 ||24/1120 ||AND ||Top 15% |
|Distinguished Scholar ||$1,500 ||22/1050 ||AND ||Top 20% |
|Discovery Scholar ||$1,000 ||24/1120 ||OR ||Top 25% |
* ACT composite score or SAT critical reading and math sections
Here is what it takes to qualify:
- Submit to the university your most recent high school transcript showing class rank and ACT/SAT scores, no awards will be made until this information is submitted
- Be a recent high school graduate
- Enroll as a new, full-time student at WTAMU in the summer or fall
- Complete the University scholarship application by the early action date of Dec. 1 or priority date of Feb. 1
- New spring students must complete the online scholarship application by Dec. 15, awards will be made based on the availability of funds
Here is what it takes to continue the award:
- Complete the University scholarship application by the priority date of Feb. 1
- Complete 30 hours at WTAMU for the academic year (fall, spring, intersessions, summer I, summer II)
- Maintain a cumulative 3.3 WTAMU grade point average
Each year, $3.5 million in scholarship aid is awarded to WTAMU students. Don’t wait—apply now.
Students who do not qualify for an award are still eligible for consideration. And costs of attendance at WTAMU are 31% less than the average for all public four-year universities in Texas--we’re already a great value.